Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolwater
    replied
    There are a few folks that we'll have trouble coaxing back because they dropped off the BB during the Troubles. I can tell you about a couple of folks, though. CAT is back to being an entrepreneur and busy as a hen with a clutch of ducklings. Nancy Falconer is teaching nursing and when her sifu quit, she gave up tai chi and took up belly dancing. Ragdoll's husband has been ill, so she's working extra hours and only gets online once in a blue moon - and if anyone has her contact info, tell her we miss her and are worried about her, please?

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    commented on 's reply
    Is he the same guy who did Highlander: The Amateur?

• Midnight Rambler
    replied
    Maybe. I know at onetime her avatar was a photo of her. I'm thinking her screen name was Marisha or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• nick2
    replied
    I remember that girl I think. Posted in purple and had like a weird smiley face thing in her signature? I can see it in my head but I can make out the memory very well

Leave a comment:

• Midnight Rambler
    replied
    Two more. That young girl I think from Bulgaria, I can't remember her screen name but her real name was Daniela? And that kid who smoked a lot of weed, Allen.

Leave a comment:

• Draknoir2
    replied
    I think they are now called "Social Justice Warriors" and it means they will be mocked on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• Midnight Rambler
    replied
    Originally posted by Draknoir2 View Post
    They had several distinct posting styles and limited their posts to progressive propaganda in HG. Theories abound, from a DNC bot to multiple personality disorder to a college online social experiment. They seemed to have no interest in Highlander.
    Yeah I know davinci only posted in HG and at one time it was suggested she was a bot. I never did hear if it was proven or not.

I know at one time she said she was going to be a delegate to the 2008 DNC convention. She also bragged about her kids being "liberal warriors", whatever the hell that means?

Leave a comment:

• Draknoir2
    replied
    They had several distinct posting styles and limited their posts to progressive propaganda in HG. Theories abound, from a DNC bot to multiple personality disorder to a college online social experiment. They seemed to have no interest in Highlander.

Leave a comment:

• Midnight Rambler
    replied
    I know I was gone for awhile. There were more than one? I gotta here this story lol

Leave a comment:

• Draknoir2
    replied
    Originally posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
    What about DaVinci?
    Which ones?

Leave a comment:

• nick2
    replied
    I forget what that breakdown was about? I do remember him at onetime talking about some "Christian" guy he met in a park and going back to this guy's apartment with him. I tried explaining to him what a stupid move it was on his part to do that. He wasn't getting it, again that was his mentality.
    I remember him telling me that on Yahoo messenger. This place is bringing back memories. Like Ivan...and Yahoo messenger.

Leave a comment:

• Midnight Rambler
    replied
    What about DaVinci?

Leave a comment:

• Draknoir2
    replied
    It was all over the place. Can't remember a specific theme beyond anger at being misunderstood.

Leave a comment:

• Midnight Rambler
    replied
    I forget what that breakdown was about? I do remember him at onetime talking about some "Christian" guy he met in a park and going back to this guy's apartment with him. I tried explaining to him what a stupid move it was on his part to do that. He wasn't getting it, again that was his mentality.

Leave a comment:

• Draknoir2
    replied
    I remember him. He had a meltdown in HG as I recall.

Whenever I said his screen name in name in my head it was in a wacky Jerry Lewis voice.

Leave a comment:

• Midnight Rambler
    replied
    Yep that's him. I guess he was a good guy but there was something off about him, never could put my finger on it.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew NDB
    replied
    Then there's Yong, screwy little guy but harmless. And that nitwit kid Ivan. I wonder if he ever grew up? I mean I know he was in college wayback then but had the mentality of a 14 year old.
    LOL... Ivan Von Shlivon Hivon? That is a name I haven't thought about in 10 years. We were good buddies, even on FB. A long while back he deleted all social media and... that was that.

Leave a comment:

• Midnight Rambler
    replied
    Then there's Yong, screwy little guy but harmless. And that nitwit kid Ivan. I wonder if he ever grew up? I mean I know he was in college wayback then but had the mentality of a 14 year old.

Leave a comment:

• David McMurdo
    replied
    Bladelover. I'm sorry they keep coming to me. I used to talk to her quite a bit. Damn, it's been such a long time. It was 2002/2003 when I used to frequent this forum the most. It was a lifetime ago. I was 18/19 then and I'm 32 now. A different person altogether. I'd love to know how these people are all getting on. Maybe they just moved on to other things. I never expected to be back here myself. I just had a strange impulse to find out what was happening with the place.

Leave a comment:

• David McMurdo
    replied
    SouthernChickie (sp?). That's going back a very long time. I used to tease her for her great love of Richie and Stan Kirsch.

Leave a comment:

• Colleengael
    commented on 's reply
    I'm finally back online and starting to get involved with old friends again. It was hard taking care of my mom as she was going through her cancer treatments. She lost the fight three years ago and it has been a hard struggle financially for my family to come back from.

My big dip into real life and my fandoms again was saving enough to attend The Chicago Sword Experience last year. My goal for this year is to be able to attend The Gathering Con in October. I am also creating more art work again.

• mathpiglet
    commented on 's reply
    Zillini is on Facebook, but very rarely. CAT is not on Facebook and even emails are answered very rarely.

• Andrew NDB
    replied
    Originally posted by David McMurdo View Post
    Jess (can't remember her username, it might just have been "Jess")
    Hasenpfoti. She said she'd pop in here sometime.

Then there's Quentin, obviously. He isn't here but I know he's still around because I contacted on Facebook him to ask about the forum a few days before it was created. Hadn't talked to him for years before that so I don't know what he's up to or anything.
    We're friends on Facebook. He's been involved in filmmaking and last I saw, won some kind of film contest in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• Colleengael
    replied
    You can track down some of the old HLBB members by going to the HLBB Facebook page. They have a members list which has both the old screen names and real names listed.

Leave a comment:

• Colleengael
    commented on 's reply
    Team Alpha was part of a chain story game where the team's worked together to get off a deserted island. Problem was the game moderators kept changing the rules on everyone without telling half of us.
    nfalconer is back as Highland Heather again. If you sign up to the HLBB Facebook page, they have a members list with old screen names as well as real names.
    Last edited by Colleengael; 05-17-2017, 09:05 AM.
Working...
X