• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dragon Katana View Post

n107 - The enigma.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coolwater View Post
      That's a warming sort of list.
      I misread that as 'warning' and was all set to take offense.
      Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

• Coolwater
        Coolwater commented
        Editing a comment
        ...............Lol

• Hallo Mickey! Re: Haplo- I don`t take offense as easily as I used to. My fuse was much shorter a few years ago....try it, it`s good for the blood pressure!
      Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• Originally posted by ~mj~ View Post
        Hallo Mickey! Re: Haplo- I don`t take offense as easily as I used to. My fuse was much shorter a few years ago....try it, it`s good for the blood pressure!
        My blood pressure is great and so is my skin thickness. What I need to work on is my enjoyment of trolling people. I really did misread it and back in the day I'd feel justified being on such a list due to my Holy Ground involvement. I'm too old and tired these days
        Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

• Coolwater
          Coolwater commented
          Editing a comment
          So age and experience are not with out perks!

• Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
        Drunk darts, eh? I'm really looking forward to it.
        I really need Nick to keep me pointed in the right direction.

Hey Drak and Trixie. Missed you guys. Things are going great.

To keep with the thread:

I miss the Preying Mantis and the Sleeping Fox. I think they disappeared around the time Huntress did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickey View Post
          I miss the Preying Mantis and the Sleeping Fox. I think they disappeared around the time Huntress did.
          Huntress sounds familiar. The other two, not so much.
          Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Huntress sounds familiar. The other two, not so much.
            They were brothers. Canadians, I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by n107 View Post
              Hory shitto, apologies for the double post but I'm sure it won't break the flow of the nonstop posting going on around here.

After my last post. Like, a second after, I thought, "Wasn't there someone called Najiba on the HLBB that I was close with?" I decided to do a search for her name in my inbox and I pulled up a couple emails related to the board from 2002 and 2003. The names that came out: Najiba, nfalconer, RedVelvet, TheKuya... Wow! Talk about nostalgia. I barely remember anything about them and I have no idea what the hell we were going on about in the mail (what the hell is Team Alpha?) but... memories, man. What ever happened to them. Oh, Huntress too. Where are these peeps?

That was back when I was a useful, contributing member so you know that was ages ago. Good times.
              RV here! Just joined up again. How have you been?

Comment

• Originally posted by RedVelvet View Post

RV here! Just joined up again. How have you been?
                Wow! A name I remember (after being reminded via random emails)! I hope you're doing just as well as before. And if you were doing horribly before, then I hope you're doing better than that.

Comment

• I did go through a pretty horrible time for a while, but I am doing great now.

Comment

• I'll attempt to breathe some new life into this old thread - does anyone still maintain contact with any of the HLBB crew? I don't use Facebook at all so I don't know if any of the boys and girls are active on there. Just curious.

Comment

• I used to exchange the occasional email with Mathpiglet and Kat, but its been a few years. I emailed with Prima Donna quite often for a number of years, but she just disappeared from here and the net some years ago. I have often wondered what happened to her.

I don't do Facebook either.

Comment

• I'm on FB, and I know a few. But time keeps passing, and we lose some of ours.

Comment

• It's a real shame what happened to this board. It was once a hive of activity.

Comment

It's a real shame what happened to this board. It was once a hive of activity.
                            It did have several extenuating circumstances to excuse the quiet. Like no longer being run...

Comment

• Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post

It did have several extenuating circumstances to excuse the quiet. Like no longer being run...
                              I wouldn't know. So did the wheels just fall off when the forum was hacked? Or did people just abandon ship before it was targeted?

Comment

I wouldn't know. So did the wheels just fall off when the forum was hacked? Or did people just abandon ship before it was targeted?
                                Haven't a clue! I didn't even know it had been hacked. I guess they just stopped spending money on it.

Comment

• I remember the hack well, but I have forgotten how many years ago that it occurred. Actually, the Board came back pretty well after the hack. A lot of members came back after they were contacted by other members. But, attendance slowly fell off as more and more members migrated over to Facebook.

Comment

• You never know. If the reboot of Highlander *ever* happens it might breathe new life into the forum.

Comment

You never know. If the reboot of Highlander *ever* happens it might breathe new life into the forum.
                                      I think the format is now too alien to some people.

Comment

• Actually with people fleeing Twitter to Mastodon there could be a fresh familiarity with bulletin-board style posting, especially with how Mastadon has each board having it's own local rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post
                                          Actually with people fleeing Twitter to Mastodon there could be a fresh familiarity with bulletin-board style posting, especially with how Mastadon has each board having it's own local rules.
                                          Oh, that could be, too!

Comment

Working...
                                          X