Netflix recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix recommendations

I'm fairly new to Netflix and am always looking for new shows to watch. Got a recommendation? Post it in here.
    So far I've enjoyed watching:
    -Broadchurch
    -The Fall
    -Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries
    -Rake
    -Shetland

Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist.

Actually, I strongly recommend Black Mirror. It's like a modern day Twilight Zone, but mostly involving new technology.
    Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

You may like Shameless. I thought season 1 of Westworld was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Draknoir2 View Post
        You may like Shameless. I thought season 1 of Westworld was cool.
        I've heard good things about Shameless.

Comment

Shot locally. I'm so far behind, though. Like seven seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Draknoir2 View Post
            Shot locally. I'm so far behind, though. Like seven seasons.
            Shot locally so I immediately thought to myself "I bet there's at least one Cusack in it" and sure enough.

Comment

Shameless! Great show. I got sucked into it while it'd play at my friend's house. Rather addictive, if a frustrating exercise in every character just going through the ringer over and over again, no one ever getting a break.

Westworld was amazing too!

Are either of those shows on Netflix though? They could be, but I don't recall seeing them on there. Though if we're to talk about shows beyond Netflix, Ash vs. Evil Dead is pretty much a godsend, and American Gods is... interesting.
              Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

My mistake on West World. That's HBO now. I get the streamers confused. I got it for that and Game of Thrones.

Back seasons of Shameless are on Netflix.
                Last edited by Draknoir2; 05-18-2017, 04:13 AM.

Comment

The Crown, Orange is the New Black, Grace and Frankie, The Ranch, Travelers, Rectify, The Fall, Stranger Things, Iron Fist.

Comment

Grâce & Frankie is surprisingly entertaining for a show about elderly people, but then these are a good deal naughtier than the Golden Girls of old!

I enjoyed the new season of Gilmore Girls muchly, but you have to love the original show to get into it. I hear a lot of good about Stranger Things and Daredevil, but I have yet to watch those.

Oh, and The Expanse seems pretty awesome as well...

Comment

"Penny Dreadful"

Comment

Originally posted by Rioghan View Post

Shot locally so I immediately thought to myself "I bet there's at least one Cusack in it" and sure enough.
                        She's pretty funny in it.

Comment

Dr. Strange (if you're into the Marvel guys)

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_CJ View Post
                            The Crown, Orange is the New Black, Grace and Frankie, The Ranch, Travelers, Rectify, The Fall, Stranger Things, Iron Fist.
                            Loved The Fall!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Kirk View Post
                              Grâce & Frankie is surprisingly entertaining for a show about elderly people, but then these are a good deal naughtier than the Golden Girls of old!

I enjoyed the new season of Gilmore Girls muchly, but you have to love the original show to get into it. I hear a lot of good about Stranger Things and Daredevil, but I have yet to watch those.

Oh, and The Expanse seems pretty awesome as well...
                              I've been slowly working my way through The Gilmore Girls from the beginning. I think I'm in the middle of season 4.

Comment

Call the Midwife is good, too. I also have Hulu (which has all of the Highlanders....lol) and they have a new Hulu exclusive series, The Handmaid's Tale, and that is really good.

Comment

I've been slowly working my way through The Gilmore Girls from the beginning. I think I'm in the middle of season 4.
                                  How do you like the crazy people of Stars Hollow?

Comment

How do you like the crazy people of Stars Hollow?
                                    I'm enjoying the show. I love Rory, Luke and Emily. Lorelei and Babette get on my nerves sometimes. Suki got on my nerves in the beginning but has calmed down and is more likeable. I do love the whole small town vibe of the show.

Have you watched all 7 seasons?

Comment

Orange is the New Black
                                      Narcos
                                      Making a Murderer
                                      American Crime Story: The People.vs OJ Simpson
                                      How I Met Your Mother
                                      The Wonder Years
                                      LOST
                                      Better Call Saul
                                      Breaking Bad
                                      Mad Men
                                      Friends

There's a whole slew of great documentaries on there too.

Comment

Have you watched all 7 seasons?
                                        I have, and the new one too! It's a wonderfully funny show, sometimes very touching, with great dialogues (how the hell do they talk so fast?) and so many endearing characters...

I'm such a fan that I bought myself an army jacket just like Luke's!

"Miss Rioghan, you have no idea what I had to do to prevent him from wearing a baseball hat backward..."
                                        ​​​

Comment

I have, and the new one too! It's a wonderfully funny show, sometimes very touching, with great dialogues (how the hell do they talk so fast?) and so many endearing characters...

I'm such a fan that I bought myself an army jacket just like Luke's!

"Miss Rioghan, you have no idea what I had to do to prevent him from wearing a baseball hat backward..."
                                          ​​​
                                          LOL, you're probably better off without the hat.

They do talk crazy fast! And is it just me or does this show make you hungry every time you watch it?

Comment

Series: House of Cards
                                            A character drama about a man with relentless political aspirations.

Film: The Discovery
                                            A slow burning drama about a scientific discovery of the afterlife.

Comment

They do talk crazy fast! And is it just me or does this show make you hungry every time you watch it?
                                              I don't know about hungry, but it certainly gives me coffee cravings!

"Lorelei makes me hungry, but not for food."

Huh, don't mind Spock here, he's in the middle of Pon Farr...

Comment

House of Cards
                                                "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

Rio, you sound like you get your picks from the Acorn Catalogue!

We've had a long run of "Britain During the War" shows: Foyle's War, The Bletchly Circle, Land Girls, Home Fires, Enemy at the Door, Island at War, Wish Me Luck. Now we seem to have got onto Germany before and after the war: we saw Cabaret played on campus recently, so we rewatched the film and then we watched a film called Phoenix that was really really good.
                                                  “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
                                                  Billy Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                                  X