I have a Video Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a Video Puzzle

This is so stupid. We watched the first three Hunger Games videos, but Mocking Jay Part 2 simply won't play. We've tried four separate copies, three brand new and one of them was Blu Ray and no joy for any of them. The DVD player has played every other vid we've given it, both regular and Blu Ray, so it's not the machine., which simply tells us that it can't read the discs. Any ideas?
    “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
    Billy Sunday

The Jay is mocking you?

Comment

She's fricking mooning us! We found a discussion site that led us to a Sony site that said that we MUST upgrade the firmware (?) on our DVD player. So, we went to the download link, downloaded, unzipped, uploaded to a disc and, presto! No improvement! So my husband took the problem to a techie friend who repeated the process. We loaded the new disk and the DVD player congratulated us on the up grade aaaand...it won't play the disk. It still plays other disks, but not any of the Mockingjay disks.
      We are not amused.
      Billy Sunday

Comment

Donald Sutherland is behind this...

Comment

The thing that leaps to mind for me is that dang 'regions' thing that locks DVDs bought from overseas, but of course you've checked for that nonsense.

Comment

I wonder if its some sort of anti-copying software on the disk? I occasionally have trouble viewing DVD's too. I look at the disks and there are no glitch causing scratches. I just try random things like pressing play or other buttons while it is trying to load. Often this seems to shake something loose and the damn thing will start playing. I borrow most DVD's from the library. The ones that I have bought haven't given me any problems, but they tend to be older DVD's that I buy at the used book store.

Comment

You'll love this: Sony "upgraded" their DVD machines and are insisting one download Firmware. We did, but it still wouldn't play the newer vids. Soscrew Sony: we bought a Samsung that not only plays the new vids, it also is supposed to connect to your wifi. Only it won't. Everything else in the hosue that needs to talkto wifi, is talking to the wifi. So, I'm still at it. But at least we got to see the end of the Hunger games videos.
              Billy Sunday

Comment

Post script: we tried one more time to enter the router password - and this time the rascal took it!!! I have no explanation.
                Billy Sunday

Comment

Working...
                X