Doubts about the Quickening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubts about the Quickening

Greetings I am latinoamerican...sorry for my bad English... I have a question about knowledges and skills what a immortal recieves from another rival...if they recieve memories from a beheaded immortal....for example why the kurgan didn' t know heather was Connor' s wife?

It seems because the movie was before that.

Comment

Knowledge transfers but not skill or memory it seems. It is theorised that only the winner of the Prize can utilise all knowledge.
      May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Remember when Duncan beheaded Connor...and we can see all flashbacks about his life as if Duncan sees them all...it looks like if an immortal recieves all his memories

Comment

I haven´t read the book (Evening at Joe's) so I cannot be sure, but in this page
          http://www.methos.org/adam/timeline.html

Methos describes when he decapitates the immortal Joseph. "After his beheading, I felt a great trembling around me. A mysterious wind grabbed me and threw me to the ground. My mind was filled with visions of places I had never been and people I had never known. I thought I was hexed by some sort of magic or sorcery. I wandered to an inland sea, trying to understand what had happened. It was a while before I beheaded someone again."

IF ANYBODY CAN CONFIRM this description in the book Evening at Joe's, I would apreciate to be sure if immortals can absorb memories or just Knowledges

Comment

• dubiousbystander
            dubiousbystander commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, it's probably from the book. The only thing "canon" in the book is the Postcards From Alexa.

Don't forget that Richie ended up with Alex Hill's memories and feelings for the widow in Haunted. So some things are passed on and take some adjustment from the quickening.

Comment

Also Duncan states that all that Garrick knew was lost after he beheaded him.
            May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Or possibly you see and get flashes, but for the most part it ends up quiescent, until... the end!

Comment

I don't think it's consistent and might vary based on the power/age of the losing Immortal or just be random. That would explain why some victors get more out of it than others.
                Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

Originally posted by watcher nido View Post
                  Greetings I am latinoamerican...sorry for my bad English... I have a question about knowledges and skills what a immortal recieves from another rival...if they recieve memories from a beheaded immortal....for example why the kurgan didn' t know heather was Connor' s wife?
                  You are latinoamerican ? Very interesting, I wrote a lot of watchers chronicles about immortals from Latin America (from Mexico to South America).
                  Where were you born ?

Comment

• watcher nido
                    watcher nido commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am from Ecuador, Soy un vigilante, parte de una sociedad secreta que Solo Observamos, nunca intervenimos

Se dice un Vigilante ? Es muy bien :-) La serie Highlander se llama Los Immortales en Espana, y como se llama en Ecuador ?

Luis Timpantuna
                  Known aliases : Diego Noboa
                  Notable characteristics : None
                  Weapon : Spanish cavalry sabre
                  Recorded kills : None, not a player of the Game

Status
                  Most recent base of operations : Quito, Ecuador
                  Prior occupations : Freedom fighter, soldier during
                  Liberal Revolution of 1895
                  Roster of Immortals Status : Inactive
                  Date :
                  Place :
                  Victor :
                  Watcher : Carlos Quinonez

Background
                  Original cultural affilation : Ecuadorian
                  Born : 1799; Quito, Ecuador
                  First death : 1822, Defeating Spanish Royalist
                  forces at Battle of Pichincha
                  First teacher : Gilardo Melgajero
                  Known associates : Beturan Allende
                  Known past associates : Gilardo Melgajero
                  First recorded sighting : 1822, Ecuador. Found and
                  mentored by Gilardo Melgajero

The invasion of Ecuador in 1941 by Peruvian troops, forced the country to accept the protocols of Rio de Janeiro in 1942, depriving it from Amazonian territories. A blemish on Ecuador’s national pride that contributed to the revolution of May 1944. It is during the 1941 invasion that Ecuadorian immortal Luis Timpantuna was killed, during an artillery barrage from Peruvian guns; Luis had been a freedom fighter in the name of his homeland ever since his First Death in 1822. In the 1938, he became legit, so to speak, and joined the Ecuadorian army, only to be killed three years later in an artillery barrage but resurfaced in the mid-1990’s in Ecuador. Luis is still active in the Ecuadorian army though he does his best to keep his distance from others of his kind.

Carlos Quinonez, 2017
                  Last edited by Gardner; 01-06-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• watcher nido
                    watcher nido commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I mean the watchers, in spanish latino they called Vigilantes... honestly I prefer the terms in English, when they are translated to spanish, they sound silly, like Highlander in spanish is Montañes... I dont like it

• watcher nido
                    watcher nido commented
                    Editing a comment
                    very interesting time line...man..sorry to answer late

It seems to me like the affects of The Quickening are a bit unpredictable. I've been given the impression that at least sometimes an Immortal must make a conscious effort to utilize the memories of fallen enemies. Maybe The Kurgan didn't learn about Heather being Connor's wife from Ramirez because he didn't bother to sort through his memories. Maybe that was something that he would save for later, and only focus on things that he considered useful to him.

Comment

Working...
                  X