Music greats RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music greats RIP

What the hell is going on in the last year or so? So many great music artists dying off...another one today, Dolores O`Riordan of The Cranberries...she had such an amazing voice and talent. Who has died lately that has touched you?
    Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

My bad, I just started listening to the Cranberries again recently and looked up Dolores to see what she was up to these days just a couple weeks back.

I had nothing to do with Prince and Bowie, though. I swear. Ok... maybe Bowie, too.

Sorry.

Comment

• ~mj~
      ~mj~ commented
      Editing a comment
      Then stop, stop it now!

I was saddened to hear the news earlier today. Kept thinking about The Cranberries a few days ago. When they disbanded in the early 2000s I thought that was it, they are gone. Then they came back and put some new music out and was thrilled to see an acoustic album was released during the summertime.
    Now it all just seems so sad to listen to.

Prince was one I revisted a while back after watching Batman 89. Was really down when Bowie passed. Scott Weiland of the Stone Temple Pilots was another loss.
    Thats when I start to feel old. The musicians I listened to during the 80s and 90s are all passing away. There hasnt really been any talented bands or musicians in the mainstream that have caught my attention in the past 15 years. It really is a sad time losing these greats.
    Power to the Donut!

Comment

Prince and Bowie were really hard for me too...I like Stone Temple Pilots but don`t listen to them much...yes. It makes me feel old. Dolores was far too young though...far too young.
      Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

I don't usually pay attention to celebrity deaths, but Chester Bennington's suicide last year kind of hit me. There have been so many Linkin Park songs that have meant a lot to me at different points in my life, and most of them were the more emotional ones he lead. Often times you could feel what he was going through and connect with him on that level all great artists strive for... so to hear that he finally gave in... it just kind of hit me.

Comment

I hadn`t heard about that one. RIP...

Comment

Greg Allman...another tough one.

Comment

& then there's Gord Downie. (Tragically Hip.) Last year, October 18th. Toured and recorded right to the end, with a brain tumour. My reaction to that is just wow. No way I'd be that dedicated to my craft, but hey- die doing what your love? Who can knock that.

Comment

Yes, another sad one for me. I guess doing what you love til the end is all we can ask for...

Comment

Working...
                X