Work related rant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work related rant...

Did you hear the one about the dude in his thirties acting like twenty-nothing kid by posting personal rants online as if anyone cares? No? Well I ain't gonna tell it.
    Last edited by Takk; 04-05-2018, 11:55 AM. Reason: Decided ranting was pointless. Such things occur upon emotional fade.

A decade ago the assistant manager did this to me a lot. I got paid for the overtime, and was usually fine with the eight and a half, sometimes nine hour shift. Once I had a dentist appointment an hour after my shift ended. Ten minute walk. Should be fine, no? That was the only time I left with no one at the counter. (Subway at the back of a Mac's store.) I apologized to the owner, but didn't get grief for it.

That assistant manager got fired less than a year later for attacking a staff member. Fired with a 'do not rehire' on her file. That manager had always been difficult when she came in, but I just treated it as blowing off steam. I'm quite big, and still had muscular shoulders from bodybuilding back then. The attacked clerk was slight with thick glasses. After I heard this I wondered how close I had come to such violence.

Hopefully your yahoo is closer to getting fired than you think- they might just need a big enough case. (I got away with customer service complaints because I worked night shifts everyone hated.)

Comment

• Takk
      Takk commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the empathetic comment. Seems I edited out the OP as you were responding to it, so I apologize for making it seem weird.

Mine isn't work related but it's still a rant about money problems. I've been selling plasma for 7 or so years now and just got a hematoma this past time. Now I've got swelling, a bruise, and pain in my bicep. What I don't have is more money this week since I won't be able to give again. Maybe next week will be better but I was counting on this money for my family vacation to Myrtle Beach.
    Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

That really sucks, but hey, it could be worse. My nephew was giving plasma a couple of months ago and just as he got up to leave after they finished, he keeled over on the spot, suffering a massive stroke. The donation itself wasn't the direct cause, but his physician said that it likely expedited it's occurrence.

Comment

• Coolwater
        Coolwater commented
        Editing a comment
        Holy moly! That's awful!

Originally posted by Takk View Post
      That really sucks, but hey, it could be worse. My nephew was giving plasma a couple of months ago and just as he got up to leave after they finished, he keeled over on the spot, suffering a massive stroke. The donation itself wasn't the direct cause, but his physician said that it likely expedited it's occurrence.
      Oh my gracious! Takk's nephew, Haplo... Take care!

Comment

Working...
      X