Rude Drone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude Drone

I went to a city council meeting on drones a couple of months ago and I think I was the only one there that was advocating caution. I said that there were two things that concerned me: privacy issues and animal abuse (check out the videos of rotters buzzing wild animals).

So, yesterday a neighbor said that while we were out, a drone came and buzzed low around the backyard while our dogs went nuts. Any suggestions?
    “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
    Billy Sunday

I'm not sure. Apparently there might be laws that would cover how low a drone is allowed to go over private property. Maybe you can find a strategy on something like this... https://www.techrepublic.com/article...-hates-drones/

Comment

Maybe a shotgun to kill the drone?

I heard yesterday that idiots are flying drones above California wildfires just to get video they can post on the internet. The fire control and rescue people said they can't fly planes and helicopters when drones are in the air. People could die because of those damn drones!

Comment

• Coolwater
        Coolwater commented
        Editing a comment
        Holy Moses!

I need one of those sticky net guns that the Air Force has been working on, but until then, I'm working on sling shot shot with fishing line attached. If the shot doesn't bring the rascal down (I'm out of practice and my aim is not so good), the fishing line might snarl the rotors.
      Billy Sunday

Comment

I wouldn't dare do that here, it might be the police. I think I recognize by now the motor of the cop's remote control pursuit / camera thing, but being wrong could be very embarrassing. It might even get one shamed on local TV.

Comment

• Coolwater
          Coolwater commented
          Editing a comment
          No warrant, no shame.

I occurs to me that Peeping Toms will start using drones to look in people's windows, take pictures, and make films to post on the internet.

Comment

LOL, thank you Cyrus! We're keeping the blinds lowered!
          Billy Sunday

Comment

What Coolwater said!
            May The Winds Be With You, while I'm searchin' for my lost shaker of salt. Makin' for the Trades on the outside. Lookin' for the Southern Cross. (J.Buffett 77/74)
            "Yeah, It's all fun and games until somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.

Comment

This hit took place over Cambridge, MA.
              https://youtu.be/AhDG_WBIQgc
              Billy Sunday

Comment

Well done hawk!

Comment

Working...
                X