Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highlander People can "hear" each other. (Wind blows)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlander People can "hear" each other. (Wind blows)

This weekend I was in the gift shop at the Art Institute of Chicago. There was a nice family shopping near me and the husband came up gleefully showing off a katana umbrella. His wife groaned, "You're not going to buy that, are you?" He hesitated and I said, "I have one." The guy grinned and said, "Yeah, I'm getting it!" The wife sighed and moved on. I asked the man, "How many can there be?" He looked startled and then smiled and said, "ONE.
    “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
    Billy Sunday

Last week one of the teens in my town came knocking on my door. He introduced himself and said he had noticed me wearing my Highlander tee shirts. He wanted to get one for a birthday present for someone who was a big fan and just discovered it online. I explained that the merchandise store was shut down and he would have to go online to find someone selling one. Or he could buy one of my never worn ones for his friend. He bought one that I had because I was sent the wrong size. It was still in the original packaging. I also gave the young man the web page addresses for several of the Highlander sites. A week later I saw the new fan at the grocery store wearing the tee shirt. I couldn't resist and greeted him with Greetings Highlander. The young man was very excited to find another fan in town. His parents are taking him to the Grand Rapids Comic Con in the hope of meeting Adrian. And another generation of fans joins the ranks.

Comment

• Coolwater
      Coolwater commented
      Editing a comment
      Isn't it fun being members of a secret society?

• Colleengael
      Colleengael commented
      Editing a comment
      Being a member of a secret society is fun. I also remind folks that they can designate The Peace Fund as their charity of choice when they make purchases on Amazon or at Macy's. Every little bit helps.

Yay! You are great, Colleengael.

Comment

• Colleengael
      Colleengael commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I have so much of my collection I don't wear or use often. If I can share it with a new fan so much the better. I have been using my spare TCG cards in my artwork. Some are decorating gift boxes. Some are used to make Christmas ornaments, some of the really nice ones are put into storybook displays of the episodes. Others are in displays with my photos of the actors and their autographs. I give some of them away as gifts. Others have been donated to different charity auctions. Some have been sold at craft fairs. I recently recycled one of my favorite Highlander tee shirts into a throw pillow. After twenty plus years the shirt fabric wore out around the logo patch and collar. The brushed pigment dyed tee makes a very soft back on the pillow. I will find a way to reuse the logo patch. The front has a quilted heart made from blocks my mom made. It is surrounded by hand crocheted lace made by my gram. I set the heart on a batik print purple bandanna. Three things I loved in one pillow.

From the dawn of time we came…moving silently through the gift shops and shopping centers
    Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

Working...
    X