Crazy Christmas or Chanukah presents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Christmas or Chanukah presents

What is the craziest present you every gave to someone during the holidays? For me it was helping my mom take a television apart and number and wrap each piece before she put it in a box to give my brother. His scout troop leader asked the parents to do this so each boy could work on earning their electronics merit badge. They then took their boxes to the local electronics store where they worked with the repair men to put their gift together. I never had so much fun wrapping a present in my life. The look on my brother's face when he saw the tv in pieces was priceless. So what was the craziest present you have ever given someone?

As a joke present one year, I once took a VHS tape and recorded over the movie it said it was with a goofy looping video from Tekken 3. One of the character endings followed the exploits of a funny little dinosaur that began where it ended and would thus loop over and over without interruption if left untouched. I let it run for six hours and then cut it off at the end, replaced the VHS in its box, and wrapped it as a gift. My uncle ended up receiving it (it was for a family party where everyone got random silly presents), and he wasn't even thrilled to receive a copy of the movie it was supposed to be, so I really don't know if he ever even put it in to a VCR to be greeted with the joke, but such as it is. I have a hope that the movie entered my uncle's collection and was discovered by someone else years later, but I've never heard anything about it.

Comment

• LamBear*
      LamBear* commented
      Editing a comment
      It would be interesting to know if your hard work was ever discovered. 😧

LOL!
    My brother commented on how much he hates garden gnomes, so I gave them this:
    https://www.uncommongoods.com/produc...nes-with-gnome
    “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
    Billy Sunday

Comment

• Colleengael
      Colleengael commented
      Editing a comment
      My sister has been collecting gnomes dressed as fans of her favorite Michigan teams. She is hoping for a Redwings Gnome for Christmas this year. She doesn't put them outside but has them sitting on a shelf below the television. Her son gives them to her.

• LamBear*
      LamBear* commented
      Editing a comment
      And where is your brother's garden gnome now? Did he ever display it?

• Colleengael
      Colleengael commented
      Editing a comment
      Give your brother a copy of the French film Amalie. Along with many familiar locations in Paris there is a fun subplot with the garden gnome Amalie swiped from her father.

Originally posted by Colleengael View Post
    What is the craziest present you every gave to someone during the holidays? For me it was helping my mom take a television apart and number and wrap each piece before she put it in a box to give my brother. His scout troop leader asked the parents to do this so each boy could work on earning their electronics merit badge. They then took their boxes to the local electronics store where they worked with the repair men to put their gift together. I never had so much fun wrapping a present in my life. The look on my brother's face when he saw the tv in pieces was priceless. So what was the craziest present you have ever given someone?
    That certainly is different. I'm afraid my family and I are much too conventional and I can't think of anything crazy.
    WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

The only thing my family did in this line was to mess with the results when you shake a present to try to figure out what's inside- paper clips, marbles, a taped wedge of cardboard to give a false shape. That sort of thing. & the outside box not matching the present, that was a common one.

Comment

Not the craziest, but my son was cleaning items from a house his buddy bought and presented me with an unboxed food dehydrator. No instructions. He says it was new but the box got wet. I have NO use for a food dehydrator, nor do I have room for it in my small , cabinet- and countertop-shy kitchen.
        Last edited by HL1; 01-12-2019, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Someone got me a cat "cloud pet" for Christmas a year ago because they've heard that I love kitties and that I'd like to own one or two myself, but can't. My partner burst out laughing when I opened the box as they were showing some pretty hilarious examples of how dangerous they can be on the news just a few days earlier, and well... I'm in my 30s! 😂

Comment

This past Christmas my sister gave everyone their present inside a resealed and wrapped Hostess snack box. She made them look unopened and had to point out to some of the family members to check their presents a little closer.

Comment

The Gnome-Be-Gones live out in the garden nearest the neighbor who loves gmomes. Fortunately she thinks it is hilarious.
              And I loved Amalie!!!
              “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
              Billy Sunday

Comment

A sword cane and he didn't like it.

Comment

Got a deer feeder fixed. Hasn’t functioned in about 3 years. Hubby and son fixed it then put out in the field visible from the back porch with a huge red bow on it. The bow came off quickly because it spooked the deer. Now I can sit on the porch and watch the wildlife.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, despite the weirdness of the year.
                  WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

A pedicure appointment certificate. & mom's pouting that I won't do it. (In the middle of effing Omicron.)

Comment

Working...
                    X