Hello everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone!

It has been a bit quiet in here. How is everyone doing? Anyone have any fun summer plans?

Hey there Aragorn! No fun plans coming up, but would love to hear about what you have been up to...
    Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

A pretty decent camping trip is coming up, as well as Las Vegas.
      Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Ah, if only I could make a plan of any sort.

Comment

It has been rather quiet here. Somebody should tell the Facebookers to come back to the real Highlander Board!

Comment

Well, I got married almost 4 years ago. I'm in Richmond, VA. I met my wife back in late 2011. She was attending school at VCU as a foreign exchange student from China. We fell for each other and dated the whole time she was here. I visited her a few times in China (which was AWESOME!) and we got engaged. She moved here in July 2015 and we got married in August. So almost 4 years! We bought a house last year which was really excited but is a lot of work.

So that's what's going on with me!

Comment

• Coolwater
              Coolwater commented
              Editing a comment
              Life changing events! Congratulations!

That sounds wonderful Aragorn, I am glad you are happy!
            Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

Originally posted by ~mj~ View Post
              That sounds wonderful Aragorn, I am glad you are happy!
              Thanks, MJ! How about yourself?

Comment

G and I are happy, as far as that goes, but the health issues we are both having really stink. Chronic pain landed on me and I can't seem to shake it. Ugh.

Comment

• Coolwater
                  Coolwater commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Still? I'm so sorry, mj.

G and I are happy, as far as that goes, but the health issues we are both having really stink. Chronic pain landed on me and I can't seem to shake it. Ugh.
                I'm so sorry to hear that, MJ! I hope you both get better soon. Prayers sent up already!

Comment

I'm generally healthy. I take care of five cats right now, all of whom were dumped by their original owners, but that was years ago now. Teaching as much as possible, as my income depends on the amount of teaching I can manage. I do love it here, though.

Comment

It seems disability pension will pay for some training for me, since I'm physically incapable of what I have experience at now. I just have to read some papers and sign them, but I'm having trouble getting together with the local person they assigned to do that. That's basically what I'm up to. Starts in the fall.

Comment

• Coolwater
                      Coolwater commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's exciting, Warrior! What are you looking at?

Originally posted by Aragorn View Post

I'm so sorry to hear that, MJ! I hope you both get better soon. Prayers sent up already!
                    They must have worked pronto, I know what is wrong with my back and now they can treat it. I have hope! Thank you!

Comment

• Coolwater
                      Coolwater commented
                      Editing a comment
                      EEEEEEEYessss!
                      OK, mj, that was not what I meant. I meant to post under Warrior's post.
                      Last edited by Coolwater; 09-01-2019, 07:01 PM.

Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post
                    It seems disability pension will pay for some training for me, since I'm physically incapable of what I have experience at now. I just have to read some papers and sign them, but I'm having trouble getting together with the local person they assigned to do that. That's basically what I'm up to. Starts in the fall.
                    Crossing my fingers for you!

Comment

They must have worked pronto, I know what is wrong with my back and now they can treat it. I have hope! Thank you!
                      That's what I do! Glad to hear it, MJ! Best wishes to you!

Comment

So, my accounting certificate classes start in a week. So many hoops to jump through for so many months it feels unreal that's it's actually going through. Registered, confirmed. Login for the campus website isn't working though. (That local person from CPP quit, and now I have to deal with someone in the province to the east of me.)

Comment

Accounting is a really good thing to be able to do wisely. I took very low-level courses a hundred years ago in college.

Comment

It feels like the summer never happened this year. It went from spring to fall. Due to the pandemic, it feels like I've been under house arrest. My only real plan was to do math anyway so I guess that's been on track except for the last couple of weeks when I got off track with a side project.

Comment

Working...
                            X