Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat
    replied
    Haven't seen it yet. I'm kind of doubting I can, since it's a Disney production and they don't seem to like red or green tickets down my way, but I have freebie tickets I'd like to use and that means waiting another week or 2.

Leave a comment:

• Donan Woods Dweller
    replied
    KAT!!!!!!!! How did you like the new Pirates movie?

Leave a comment:

• Kat
    replied
    DONAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *squee*

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Oh, there are so many things that might have turned out right, if only someone had listened to a Cassandra. Hm. This is probably one of the logic paths a friend of mine follows when he talks of wondering about Methos' agenda. Heh.

Leave a comment:

• Donan Woods Dweller
    commented on 's reply
    Me too! Cassandra and Methos are both my favorite HIghlander characters. Cassandra has a lot of haters because she is a sharp-edged and angry femaile character and because she goes after Methos. Anger and the desire for revenge are seen as acceptable in male characters ( I could write a long list of male characters like that who are postively beloved) but not in female ones. Cassandra is right about the threat posed by the horsemen though. She's wrong about Methos because he changed an grew but she doesn't really get that until he challenges Silas to save her. Understandbly so, after what he did to her. I think him saving her and Mac's faith in Methos when he tells Cassandra he wants Methos to live are what stops her from taking Methos' head. I wish we had seen Cassandra again after Bordeaux.

One of my favorite saying is, "Nobody believes a Cassandra." That saying originated in reference to the ancient Greek legend of the fall of Troy and the seer Cassandra who predicted the fall of Troy. Nobody listened to her and Troy fell. It basically means that nobody believes people who predict coming catastrophes. A lot of times when bad things happen (like 9/11) there were people who warned it was coming but people dismissed them. Of course, people don't generally life hearing what Cassandras have to say. Duncan didn't want to listen to Cassandra at first but, fortunately, he did!

It's nice "meet" another Cassandra fan. There are way too few of us!
    Last edited by Donan Woods Dweller; 05-14-2017, 08:25 AM.

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I'm so happy to see the love here, as I love Cassandra.

Leave a comment:

• Donan Woods Dweller
    started a topic The Witch is back!

The Witch is back!

I am so happy the board is back and that many of our members are starting to straggle in. I have missed the old board. I think it is time to fire up the dvd player and pop those highlander dvd's in. Great to see everyone. Let the Gathering begin... "Heeeeeere we are born to be kings..." (sung by a Queen )
Working...
X