It is alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is alive!

Holy Crap! A Game of Thrones reference seems fitting -- What is dead may never die.

Craziest thing happened 2 days ago. I stumbled onto a 2012 "Funny or Die" episode with Adrian Paul on Amazon. Led me to googling AP & Highlander to see what if anything is up, that led me to the new & improved HLBB. Looks like it's only been up a few months too.

Way to go Andrew! From what I've gathered, you're the one to thank.

So hello old friends! Been far too long & I've missed ya'll. Hello to any new folks that have joined the fun.

Welcome back Zillini!

Comment

Thanks! Had to search for a replacement Pink Panther so I would be "me"

Comment

Welcome, Zillini! You have been greatly missed. What've you been up to all these years?
        Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Honestly, I've been waiting for hubby to retire so we can get the hell out of the miserable heat & humidity of Alabama. Most accurate description I've ever heard is this is the "armpit of America". Been here for over 20 years & no, you don't get used to it.

Comment

Here she is. I've been waiting for this. Welcome back!
            Formerly known as "Quickening"

My latest video in which I visit an ancient broch and cairns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxY2hYR6GXw

Comment

Welcome back to the HLBB. If you can remember your old post count, sign up date or rank...Andrew has been restoring them. If you have any old threads, chain stories or other goodies from the old board... please share.

Comment

You won't remember me. I long forgot my board name. I recognize yours, though!

Comment

Seeing that Pink Panther was a happy discovery. Welcome "home" Zillini! Good to see you again.
                  WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

Originally posted by Colleengael View Post
                    Welcome back to the HLBB. If you can remember your old post count, sign up date or rank...Andrew has been restoring them. If you have any old threads, chain stories or other goodies from the old board... please share.
                    Well let's see.

Join date... I distinctly remember joining shortly after I found the Series rerunning on Spike network, or was that when it was still TNN? (God, I'm getting more like my Mom all the time because I remember pointless details like a network name before it changed.) I remember the DVD ads & ended up buying them. It shortly after I started watching that I searched online for Highlander, found & joined the HLBB. For some reason I'm thinking it was summer. I'm going to ballpark it as some time in July of 2003. I'm pretty sure it was at that time we started the first discussions of each episode in the Series forum & I was an active participant. So if someone remembers better what that time frame was, let me know.

Post count... good grief. I'm thinking it got around 10,000 because I do have a recollection of one day thinking I spent waaaay too much time here when I actually noticed my count.

BTW I had to search online for a Pink Panther picture. The old one was deleted or lost long ago, but I couldn't return to the HLBB without him.

Comment

• Colleengael
                      Colleengael commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you had it stored on photo bucket they deleted all files of people who didn't want to pay for their service now that they are charging for using it.

Zillini!!! You're back! YAAAAAYYYYY!
                    “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
                    Billy Sunday

Comment

Hello Zillini it's been along time.
                      It's getting funky up in herre!

Midnight Rambler formerly known as...

Comment

Did a bit of searching & if I'm not mistaken that was Stones who just responded (aka Midnight Rambler)? How the hell are you?

Jeez, every time I pop over here it's like de ja vu.. So many folks I haven't heard from in ages. For so long ya'll were my friends & companions. I don't think I realized how much I missed ya'll until now. The HLBB was a support system when I struggled with RL & in hindsight a way for me to be intellectually stimulated when I was not in a position to go out & do so in person.

Wow... haven't thought of this in ages, but now I realize how much I miss those old Holy Ground knock down drag outs. We had heavy duty go arounds with seriously informed people who took the time to investigate facts. Didn't matter if it was politics, religion, military issues, or whatever. Those debates challenged me to be informed on world events because if you didn't know what the hell you were talking about & provide legit links to back up a claim/story, you got racked over the coals (rightly). That was intellectually stimulating & I miss it. Too many people I come across today are utterly clueless & only base their opinions on Facebook,Twitter, or whatever articles & never bother to investigate if it's accurate.

Sure, there's a gazillion sites out there where I could have debated & I tried some, but those places never had the camraderie I always felt here.

But debating in HG wasn't my only fun. I realize how much I miss just shooting the breeze, bs'ing, & whatnot with ya'll. As someone wiser than me once said, you don't know what you've got until it's gone. In my case, I took an extended break from the HLBB & didn't appreciate the place until it wasn't there. Now it's back & I do appreciate it.

Comment

We've missed this place, too, Zil, and we've missed you, too.
                          “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
                          Billy Sunday

Comment

I recognize that pink panther! Nice to hear you're still in the game Zillini.
                            May The Winds Be With You, while I'm searchin' for my lost shaker of salt. Makin' for the Trades on the outside. Lookin' for the Southern Cross. (J.Buffett 77/74)
                            "Yeah, It's all fun and games until somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.

Comment

Working...
                            X