Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the board

Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Ayvee Wilson and I’m a fan of Highlander: TS.

I’ll have to admit, I’m not the biggest fan of the movies. I’ve tried… numerous times. They just never really hooked me - except for the overall concept: Immortals. Sword-fighting. Quickenings. What’s not to love about that?

I was a big fan of the Series but like many, I could do without season 6 (I’ll save my ranting about that for a thread later on)

I’m really happy to have found this place. When I rediscovered Highlander on Prime, I started getting nostalgic for all the old fan sites and I was sad to see that there weren’t that many left.

I guess people move on… updating their tripod page just seemed like less of a priority lol

I do recall one site though that was running a Highlander Role Play … was that THIS forum? I never actually played but the concept seemed fun.

So other than Highlander, my overall general background and interests: I’m 38, married, father, lover of 90’s television tropes, and photography.

There’s probably more to me than than just that but that works for now.

Ayvee

Welcome to the forum. This is one of the current versions of the old HLBB. It was originally started by the producers as the official fan forum. We did have several role playing games as well as a variety of writing and arts forums. The milder version of the site is the HLBB Facebook page. The moderators from the site took over when the producers stopped maintaining the old board. Their reps do post on both pages as Davis/Panzer or Peter Davis. Many of the fans also follow the HLWW site for the fan club, Highlander Heart, Blood of Kings, Highlander Re-Watched, Adrian's Angels, Peter's fan club site the PWFC, Flapperpress run by Elizabeth Gracen or The Sword Experience run by Adrian Paul and The Peace Fund. Everyone tends to support each other across the fan sites. Along with fans are many of the cast and crew members who also chime in. Long discussion threads sometimes get moved here as well as links to other fan sites. Have fun exploring and remember to sign in if you want to post. Others just visit as guest to explore the site but don't wish to comment. All are welcome as long as they don't become trolls. We also have forums here to discuss non Highlander topics too.
    Jonor Jones and Elizabeth Gracen are also into photography and share their work. I also follow Spectacular Scotland which shares a daily photo. Blood of Kings and Highlander Rewatched also share podcasts with interviews and location tours. You should find links to the sites in different forums on the board. Have fun exploring the board.
    Last edited by Colleengael; 06-17-2019, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the board!

It's a quiet one though, but feel free to add to any stories in the fan-fiction and Games subforums.
      May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Originally posted by Ayvee View Post
        Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Ayvee Wilson and I’m a fan of Highlander: TS.

I’ll have to admit, I’m not the biggest fan of the movies. I’ve tried… numerous times. They just never really hooked me - except for the overall concept: Immortals. Sword-fighting. Quickenings. What’s not to love about that?

I was a big fan of the Series but like many, I could do without season 6 (I’ll save my ranting about that for a thread later on)

I’m really happy to have found this place. When I rediscovered Highlander on Prime, I started getting nostalgic for all the old fan sites and I was sad to see that there weren’t that many left.

I guess people move on… updating their tripod page just seemed like less of a priority lol

I do recall one site though that was running a Highlander Role Play … was that THIS forum? I never actually played but the concept seemed fun.

So other than Highlander, my overall general background and interests: I’m 38, married, father, lover of 90’s television tropes, and photography.

There’s probably more to me than than just that but that works for now.

Ayvee
        Welcome and such!

I, too, love Highlander and could talk about it all day!

Sadly, this board stopped talking about Highlander somewhere between 2007 and 2008. Well, that's not entirely true. The original HLBB stopped talking about it back then. This board is a resurrection that was meticulously recreated to look like the original board and provide a place for Highlander fans, both new and old, to gather and continue to not talk about Highlander.

But don't let that stop you! Feel free to log on and confuse the old timers by mentioning something related to the actual franchise. Or you could just do what the rest of us do and log in once every 3-6 months, read the four threads that got a post in that interval and then fade away until the next check-in.

See ya in September!

Comment

• Colleengael
          Colleengael commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm tossing you some virtual Hersheys chocolate minis. The variety of candy in the bag should keep you going for a little while..

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I'll definitely be checking out the fanfic section, and hopefully adding some sort of contribution... it's actually one of the main reasons I signed up in the first place. I think I'm done boring my family with my little stories, so now I have a whole new group of people to bore … so that's nice.

Originally posted by Colleengael View Post
        Welcome to the forum. This is one of the current versions of the old HLBB. It was originally started by the producers as the official fan forum. We did have several role playing games as well as a variety of writing and arts forums.
        There IS something weirdly familiar about some of the names I've seen, 'HLBB' and the forum's image header... I think I was either a lurker or a poster back in the day, I can't remember...

Well, either way, I'm here now.

TIME TO GET THIS PARTY STARTED!

Originally posted by n107
        Sadly, this board stopped talking about Highlander somewhere between 2007 and 2008.

...Dammit.

AyVee,

Comment

Originally posted by Ayvee View Post

There IS something weirdly familiar about some of the names I've seen, 'HLBB' and the forum's image header... I think I was either a lurker or a poster back in the day, I can't remember...
          I'm pretty certain I was a lurker back in the old days. I learned quickly to stay out of the politics sections. They could get ugly. Have NO idea what my nym was!

Comment

Welcome Ayvee! I too am a series fan that can't get into the movies.
            Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

Welcome on board Ayvee ... Enjoy your stay and don't lose your head =)
              La Peur Tue l'Esprit ...

Comment

Welcome!
                Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Come on in and see what's happening! Or make what's happening!

Comment

Working...
                  X