Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Immortals keep the swords of their slain enemies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Immortals keep the swords of their slain enemies?

Like, did Connor take and display somewhere the sword of the Kurgan? Or Kane's Dark Magic katana? And surely Duncan kept Connor's katana, yeah?
    Highlander: Dark Places

Connor surely kept souvenirs. His round room in the loft shows several items, including I think Ramírez's outfit. But it surely depends on the situation.
    For Fasil he had to get away quickly and even left his own sword behind. Had the place been some abandoned or remote area, I'm sure he would have taken Fasils sword.

Duncan did not keep Connors sword as he used it to pin Cracker Bob to a van, but maybe he retrieved it afterwards anyway?

Duncan threw Alexei Voshins sword in a canal but is seen picking up the swords of his fallen opponent several times.
    So either he disposes of them discreetly or displays/sells them in his antiques shop.

May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

I'd say it depends on if they have the time, and if they have the inclination. Some might keep trophies. Others might keep only a weapon they like.

Comment

Well, I sure as hell would. Never know when you might need a spare, and for most of these guys the spoils of war is a real thing. They have implied that several do, over the course of the show, including, on occasion, Mac.

Comment

Duncan keeps the sword of Walter Reinhardt after a fight against him in 1988. But Reinhardt wasn't slain at that moment (he fell into the water and disappeared). The sword was then kept in the antique shop of Duncan and was obviously for sale. Let's not forget that MacLeods are also dealers

Comment

Originally posted by Michel de Burgoyne View Post
            Duncan keeps the sword of Walter Reinhardt after a fight against him in 1988. But Reinhardt wasn't slain at that moment (he fell into the water and disappeared). The sword was then kept in the antique shop of Duncan and was obviously for sale. Let's not forget that MacLeods are also dealers
            I'll have to check, but I thought he said that one was not for sale. Besides, wouldn't he have to be able to show the provenance?

Comment

Hi! The sword of Reinhardt is indeed for sale in the shop of Duncan. He tells Rebecca that the sword is expensive and she wants to try it before buying it. They later go fencing together. About the provenance, Duncan assures her that he did authenticate the maker's mark.
              You didn't know Duncan as a stealer? He has learned well close to his friend Amanda. At least he likes fencing in the both meanings of the word.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                dubiousbystander commented
                Editing a comment
                So you mean he likes to sheath his blade?
            Working...
            X