• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently!
    “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
    Billy Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Aleander View Post
      Um.. Immortals died when they die. If their imprints on life, and impressions of thereof are imparted to the victor, so be it. But its not the same to say someone's life experience and essence is apparent in them and "he lives in them". That's just nonsense.

Also, I had the impression the Prize in the first film was whatever the victor wanted it to be.
      Then how do you explain the Alec Hill arc, William Culbraith's Quickening and Jacob Kell asking Connor about wanting to be inside him?

It's fairly explicitly stated imo.

Maybe all knowledge of all immortals become accessible when an immortal wins the prize?

If the Prize is what the victor wants it to be then more movies would fit together.
      May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post

That would make for an interesting immortal. One who seeks to defeat specific targets in order to access their gained knowledge. Did Kane find a way to complete his training before he took Nakano's head?

HL-TAS somewhat expanded on this topic as well although Quentin's never showed any comprehension of the Quickenings he gained.
        Cross-topic: Because this discussion touches on a similar concept

Comment

Maybe all knowledge of all immortals become accessible when an immortal wins the prize?
          That's what I think it is, or should be.

If there's only two Immortals left, each one would have about half of all of the Immortals there ever were. Perhaps when there is only one, that information and "data" becomes completely unlocked to them, imbuing the victor with... maybe not prescience or omniscience... but certainly in full control of all the amassed Quickenings (even the second, third fourthhand ones) within them.
          Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

I consider The Series and Endgame, Earth 2, and Quickening and SFV apocryphal. The Source is just garbage :-P

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

That's what I think it is, or should be.

If there's only two Immortals left, each one would have about half of all of the Immortals there ever were. Perhaps when there is only one, that information and "data" becomes completely unlocked to them, imbuing the victor with... maybe not prescience or omniscience... but certainly in full control of all the amassed Quickenings (even the second, third fourthhand ones) within them.
              So the Prize is either dissociative identity disorder or schizophrenia?

Originally posted by Chaotic Scholar View Post
              I consider The Series and Endgame, Earth 2, and Quickening and SFV apocryphal. The Source is just garbage :-P
              A solid basis for longtime fandom.

BTW: The One might be a highlander movie...

Comment

So the Prize is either dissociative identity disorder or schizophrenia?
                Of a controllable kind... maybe. Or maybe you just become the amalgamation of all of those Immortals as a person... with computer-like access to all of the individual memories, too.
                Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Of a controllable kind... maybe. Or maybe you just become the amalgamation of all of those Immortals as a person... with computer-like access to all of the individual memories, too.
                  Assimilation into the collective as a Prize? I doubt that's what immortals think they are probably chasing...

Comment

Also, if that would be the case, it wouldn't matter really who won the Game would it? The endresult would always be the same.

Comment

Assimilation into the collective as a Prize? I doubt that's what immortals think they are probably chasing...
                      I wouldn't think it's Assimilation. I think the collective becomes governed by the final Immortal. "You are generations being born and dying."

Comment

Working...
                      X