In memory of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In memory of...

Valoise Armstrong is putting together a memorial tribute video for Highlander Alumni and fans who have passed since 2009. Please post here to help compile a list for her. She is also trying to find the link to a list that was posted online a few years ago. If you know where the previous list can be found please let them know at the HLWW con site.

Jason Randall passed away.

https://www.westoaksfuneralhome.com/.../Jason-Randall

Not sure if he was active on the board or any of the fan pages though.
    May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Is it appropriate to add the loss of Donald Paonessa?

I followed him on Facebook. He was such an amazing and interesting man. He was also an artist. Ah, another loss!

https://www.facebook.com/djpaonessa

Comment

Absolutely.
        Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/HighlanderO...22516112148375

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Peter S. Davis, producer of the HIGHLANDER feature films and television series.
          Without Peter Davis there would be no HIGHLANDER.
          Without Peter Davis, there would be no HIGHLANDER series.
          Without Peter Davis, there would be no HIGHLANDER merchandise.
          Peter was involved in every aspect of HIGHLANDER. It was his baby alongside producing partner Bill Panzer.
          Peter was a giant of a man; both in stature and charisma. He was also a man of mystery; often keeping a low profile underneath his purple-tinted shades. One would rationally assume Peter was a cold or aloof individual from afar. When you engaged him, however, you were instantly disarmed by a warm, gentle man. A man who sincerely felt praise when you told him how much you appreciated his work as a producer; or how you loved opening a box from Davis/Panzer filled with HIGHLANDER merchandise.
          Peter could be brief-and oftentimes bold-but you always knew you were talking to someone who cared in the moment about what they were doing and your involvement in his world.
          In his later years, Peter often reflected on his career in HIGHLANDER with much pride and great hindsight. He wished he had been more involved in the creative decisions of the franchise throughout the years and decided to take a more active role in the reimagining of HIGHLANDER currently in development with director Chad Stahelski. Chad is someone who always showed Peter great respect through HIGHLANDER’s long journey back to the silver screen and we have no doubt he’ll continue to honor Peter’s memory with this new film.
          Peter was also dreaming of giving the fans even more HIGHLANDER merchandise in the future; something we intend to follow through on moving forward.
          HIGHLANDER will continue. The franchise that Peter Davis and Bill Panzer brought to life is truly immortal. Their dreams for what it could be will come to fruition in their memories.
          Tonight, watch something from HIGHLANDER that you love. Watch a movie or your favorite episode of the series. When you arrive at the credit with Peter’s name on it, raise a glass to him tonight in tribute to all the joy and entertainment he brought you throughout the years.

Comment

RIP Peter.

Comment

I'm worried because we have so many at delicate ages now.

Comment

• Nicholas Ward
                Nicholas Ward commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't worry, people die and there's nothing you can do about it.

And in 100 years most of us will be forgotten anyway.

• dubiousbystander
                dubiousbystander commented
                Editing a comment
                Ain't that the truth. I'll probably be in the memory of many elderly Japanese people who I taught as children.

From David Abramowitz.
              "Dennis Charles Berry was an American-French film director, actor and screenwriter. He was the son of director John Berry.
              Born: August 11, 1944, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA
              Died: June 12, 2021"
              He was one of a kind and the world will be a lesser place without him.

From Highlander WorldWide:

We are very sorry to hear that Dennis Berry, the enigmatic, eccentric and exuberant Highlander series director has passed away in Paris. Dennis was responsible for directing 34 Highlander's episodes including the following which introduced us to Methos and Amanda, revealed the origin of Duncan's Katana and saw the departure of dearly loved ones: - The Return of Amanda (1993)
              - The Samurai (1994)
              - Methos (1995)
              - Deliverance (1996)
              - Something Wicked (1996)
              - Archangel (1997)
              - Not to Be (1998)
              He was clearly a force to be reckoned with on set, energizing those he directed with his vision, energy and passion. Vale, Dennis.
              Last edited by dubiousbystander; 06-14-2021, 04:24 PM.

Comment

RIP Dennis!
                JB

Comment

For those interested: With the passing of Bluesman a position as moderator might be freed up.

Comment

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep.

William Shakespeare From The Tempest, Act 4 Scene 1

Dave Davis has left this vale of tears.

Dave Davis passed last night. A good friend for many years now and always a very kind man. He will be missed.
                    September 16 from Rusty
                    Dave Davis is in the middle. Dave hates this picture. Dave is also in the hospital on a ventilator after writing a note to his wife, "Ambulance".
                    The doctor asked Kathy why he waited so long but you can probably answer that one. Pride, he's stubborn, his wife admitted it, he will too when he can talk. Kidneys were shutting down, he's been in failing health for too long, not eating. She said his bones are sticking out, he has not been his facebook regular self for months, I've had conversations about him with mutual friends, we missed his posts, him, we missed him.
                    2007? Dave and Kathy had me over their home when Andrew Modeen and I met in San Diego (san-dee-AH-go) for a comic con, you know, the big one, forget the name, wasn't my bag. My bag was meeting Dave and Andrew after meeting in a frickin' Highlander forum years before. It remains a highlight, traveling for the specific reason of meeting people I wanted to be around.
                    He beat cancer 10 years ago and Kathy is confident he will beat this too but let's put some energy out there, prayers, thoughts, take 10 seconds and just be still. Or Jack Daniels, he'd like that too.
                    Dave Davis has passed away. He was a lifelong friend who served alongside me on the committee in the early days of Comic-Con. Godspeed Dave, you will be missed.
                    Last edited by dubiousbystander; 09-20-2021, 02:23 AM.

Comment

RIP Blues. You were one cool cat brother.
                      "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

Working...
                      X