Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any Kimmies that... shouldn't be Kimmies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any Kimmies that... shouldn't be Kimmies?

I mean, are there any evil Immortals that have a name that starts with a "K" that are undeserving of the distinction?
    Highlander: Dark Places

Oh, that's tricky. Where do we draw the line? I think Kagan was unworthy. Michael Christian, maybe. I really like Haresh Clay and call him not really a bad guy. There's no indication that he tended towards harming mortals. Is that why he's a C?

Comment

Kell... sure he's a sadistic antagonist, but he's sort of justified in his goal. I mean, he doesn't care about the game. He doesn't care about the rules. He doesn't even care about those pathetic souls that were kept locked away as a barrier to the prize. He only cared about bringing what he perceived as holy justice to the man who unjustly killed his adoptive father. From his point of view, he's essentially the good guy. He's tormenting an evil that murdered a man of God who kindly took in an orphaned baby as his own. He's been consumed by it to the point of becoming an evil of his own making, but still, he's the result of an unthought reaction from one of our heroes, and thus doesn't really fall into the traditional evil Kimmie archetype that we saw in the three films prior, or in several episodes of the series. He's something else entirely.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
        dubiousbystander commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a hard one for me. Whatever he thinks of himself, he horribly killed anyone whose life intersected with Connor's. Hence how the movie voice-over begins. It's a bit too much. For one thing, it's hard to believe he left Duncan alone, and harder to believe he let Rachel grow old.

• Takk
        Takk commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not saying he's not a bad guy, or even that he's not overly evil, I'm just saying that he does not fit the traditional Kimmie mold that had been set up by the franchise prior, and that was sort of the point. He was designed to be something else, and he was. He's not a Kimmie, he's arguably something far worse.

• dubiousbystander
        dubiousbystander commented
        Editing a comment
        *jokes* K'immie to the nth power!

Korda, that was a sad excuse for an immortal.
      May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Andcome to think of it, Kagan was even more pathetic
        May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Working...
        X