X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Methos hiding a secret?

If so, what do you think it is?
    Highlander: Dark Places

That he's actually 10,000? That he knows all about demons and skedaddled to avoid Ahriman? That the Horsemen got together because the Champion for that millennium lost! And they really parted because the next Champion won?

I'm a positive sort.

Comment

He knows more about the origins and/or purpose of immortals than he shows, or he is an ancient immortal that learned to take over the victorious immortal like Keradoc did, and that would be the reason why his memories of the first death of his current host are hazy.

May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

• dubiousbystander
        dubiousbystander commented
        Editing a comment
        Would that mean he's not Methos, then?

• Nicholas Ward
        Nicholas Ward commented
        Editing a comment
        Not physically.

Maybe he came out victorious from his fight with an immortal using the mystic pool? Which would explain why he'd know about that.
        Him offering his head could be much less of a risk than we think.

That he is really Methusela and attained Immortality long before the Biblical Record by Tens of thousands of years, long before the Immortals of "The Source".

Comment

That he created the concept of The Game and knows that there really is no prize. Once an immortal loses their head only part of the Quickening goes to the victor. The energy that doesn't go to the victor is the soul of the immortal being sent back into the universe to be born again as a pre-immortal founding.

Comment

Some of these ideas are always very hard for me. I didn't like Big Finish's concept of Dilijan. I don't like the concept of Kell at all. I don't like Methos being responsible for everything bad, even if he is older than he claims.

Comment

• Nicholas Ward
            Nicholas Ward commented
            Editing a comment
            What's wrong with the concept of Kell?

• dubiousbystander
            Editing a comment
            I call it the Disney Genie Effect. "Phenomenal cosmic powers! Itty bitty living space!" It will take two Immortals to defeat the ultimate evil! A whiny wormy Immortal who does not seem to have earned his skills but only gained them by the sheer number of Quickenings he's taken. Who is obsessed with Connor and thus the world is protected from his depredations.

That Metho's does remember his pre-immortal life and that he did something so horrible that he has never been able to forgive himself and is too ashamed to admit it to anyone.

Comment

• Cyrus The Great
            Cyrus The Great commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. It did occur to me that it would have to have been something truly terrible to outweigh the atrocities of The Horsemen. Now, what that is, I can't say. It's Methos' secret.

• dubiousbystander
            Editing a comment
            Heehee! I thought maybe, since they're going a thousand years, perhaps Ahriman defeated the Champion around the time the Horsemen formed. And they parted around the time the next Champion defeated Ahriman.

• Nicholas Ward
            Nicholas Ward commented
            Editing a comment
            Like summoning Ahriman?
        Working...
        X