Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's going on when Immortals' swords spark during contact, during a fight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on when Immortals' swords spark during contact, during a fight?

Every once in a while we'll see electric sparks flying off swords when they made even gentle contact in battle, between Immortals. What's going on there? Does the weapon an Immortal is holding somehow become "charged" with the wielder's inner Quickening/energies? Something else?
    Highlander: Dark Places

I suppose that when 2 immortals fight to the death, their Quickenings somehow change state and anticipate the one of the opponent nearby.
    When the intensity of a fight increases, (metal) weaponry and maybe even other metal objects in the vicinity may get charged (like static electricity) as a result.
    So I think that sometimes both Quickenings come in contact with each other during a fight, creating the sparks.
    May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

I have rewatched Highlander again. I think that the weapons are indeed infused with the Quickening of its user.
      It would explain the sparking and the extreme durability of the weapons and also why some immortals can easily cut through concrete, plumbing, electrical cables & scaffolding,
      but not through the pipes of staves that are used in defence by an immortal.

It has as a consequence that breaking an immortals weapon is kind of a big deal.

Comment

A conduit for the power that will flow when one Immortal loses their head! I like it.

Comment

Also why the Kurgans sword can be assembled and used like that. The Quickening infuses the weapon.

Comment

Also swords are the medium through which it is possible to give a Quickening to another immortal in Highlander: The Animated Series. The immortal who gives up his/her Quickening infuses their sword with it, and then allows the receiver to grab hold of it, and infuse it (partially?) too. When the immortal releases the sword the Quickening flows into the now connected receiver and it subsequently destroys the sword.

Comment

Working...
            X