Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fictional characters would you like to turn into Immortals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fictional characters would you like to turn into Immortals?

It doesn't seem like this has been discussed in awhile, so I thought I'd resurrect the topic. Are there any fictional characters that you guys would like to turn into Immortals? How would you go about doing it? Would you crossover their world with the world of Highlander, or would you create an alternate version of that character that can exist in the world of Highlander?

You can choose characters from any form of fiction you like. Movies, books, comics, video games, whatever.

One character that I played with turning into an Immortal is Bane, as he was portrayed in The Dark Knight Rises. I was thinking that after the events of the movie, Bane wakes up as an Immortal. But, before that happens he has a near death experience, and not the pleasant kind. He's basically descends into Hell, where he's forced to recognize where he's gone wrong in life and where that's going to lead him. Then, he's pulled back to the land of the living by his awakening Immortality and must deal with what he's learned.

Also, when he becomes an Immortal, the injuries that Bane suffered in prison heal, meaning he no longer needs to wear that mask to supply him with medicinal gas.

How's that for a start? And, what are your ideas?

It'd be nice if those who did evil found out how wrong they were. Not sure about the descent into Hell, at least if it were real rather than a dream Bane has. I must think about that one.

For an evil (and conveniently K) Immortal, Freddy Krueger! Excessive psychic powers allow him to invade people's dreams to drive them mad... or kill them in their sleep. But he also really likes the hands-on approach.

Martin Castillo from Miami Vice would make a fine Immortal. He has such lines as "I can kill twenty men in six minutes," and is not known to have any children. Whether new during or shortly before he became part of Miami Vice, or he could certainly be an older one!

I'll probably think of others. The trouble is, I've read so many fanfics with so many crossover Immortals. "Buffy is one! No, Dawn is one because the monks made her that way. Xander is one! No, WILLOW is one!" I haven't seen any where they all are, hahah.

Comment

The problem with saying that Bane's revelation comes in a dream is that, to me at least, that makes it too subjective. When Bane wakes up he can just dismiss it as a moment of weakness that he must strive to overcome. But, if he's forced by higher (or lower) powers to recognize his mistakes, that makes it more definitive. He's being told by powers that know more than he does that he's screwed up, and he can't just shrug that off.

But, if it makes you feel better I probably wouldn't go into too much detail about Bane's experience. I think keeping it vague would actually make it more effective. And, it allows both the audience and the character to wonder exactly what happened. All that's known for sure is that Bane can't deny what he's learned.

Now, for another rather obvious choice, Wolverine. I'm speaking specifically of Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. I'm thinking this one would have to be an alternate version of the character, because I don't really want to combine the entire X-Men mythos with the Highlander mythos.

As far as where Wolverine's heightened senses and animalistic qualities come from, I'm leaning towards them being a product of the Weapon X program. At some point maybe he signs up for the program, or maybe he's tricked/forced into becoming part of it, and he's experimented on, with the goal being to turn him into a super-soldier. This would also be where he gets his adamantium skeleton from.

Comment

Athos, if only because he's my favorite literary character, but that would be kinda cruel considering how painful his life already was.

Comment

• Darth Reaper
          Darth Reaper commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm gonna need you to tell me who Athos is. Also, things can get better for a person in life. Maybe part of his story could be living long enough to make a better life for himself.

• dubiousbystander
          dubiousbystander commented
          Editing a comment
          Of the Three Musketeers?

• Takk
          Takk commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, Athos of the King's Musketeers.

Following dubiousbystander's lead, here's another idea for me. How about Jason Voorhees? Making him an Immortal could be an interesting take on how he keeps coming back after suffering seemingly mortal injuries, and why he won't go away no matter how much time passes.

Comment

If Martin Castillo was an immortal he would have recognized that the pop singer they were assigned to protect was Annie Devlin. He would have warned her to treat his mortal friends with care.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
            dubiousbystander commented
            Editing a comment
            Mmm. But the pop singer was not Annie Devlin. Just a mortal doppelganger, who died pregnant with her husband's child. I know, same actress, but while I can see Martin Castillo as an Immortal, I can't see Caitlin Davies as Annie.
        Working...
        X