X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caspian sword and Silas Axe

https://www.facebook.com/Elenchus9/p...66845960348955

https://www.facebook.com/Elenchus9/p...66847217015496

May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

I would really like to have Caspian's sword.
    "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

Nicholas, some of the people here don't go on Facebook. I think this needs more explanation.

So! F Braun McAsh is prepared to sell his Caspian Sword, and his initial Silas Ax (The one he'd intended until he realized Richard Ridings was just too huge for it).
      THE SILAS AXE
      This was one of two identical axes originally made for Silas, but never used in fighting. This was due to my meeting Richard and realizing just how huge this great bear of a man was. So he fough Methos with a pole weapon - a halberd whose head I re-cut for a non-traditional look.
      He wears them in the Bronze Age flashbacks on his back.
      The design is a modified Viking Bearded Axe. The back of the head is a crushing and ripping blade, not found on any axe I have seen. The colour reflects the idea that it's supposed to be bronze. The main blade can also be used for thrusting.
      Overall length - 36 "
      Blade edge length - 11 "
      Blade width (with back nastiness) 8 "
      Again, this is an original design and the only surviving piece. The second one never made it back from France.
      Attached Files

Comment

THE CASPIAN SWORD
        This sword is a compilation of several other historical designs plus one that isn't.
        The blade is a single-edge slightly curved scimitar design. The hook on the back of the top is what you might call a 'gut-hook,' designed to pull internal organs out when withdrawing a thrust.
        The upper hand guard is Etruscan. The knuckle bow is a secondary blade designed to hook opposing blades at its tip and also slash in close proximity. (which Caspian did)
        The whole sword is aluminum. No steel versions were made.
        Overall length - 37 3/4 "
        Blade - 31 "
        Knuckle-bow slashing blade - 7 3/4 "
        This blade WAS used on camera but has almost zero markings on the edge due to light, fast contact.
        This is the ONLY surviving example of this sword. None were licensed for reproduction.

Click image for larger version

Name:	highlandercaspiana.jpg
Views:	1048
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	4821Click image for larger version

Name:	highlandercaspianb.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	4823
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
          So! F Braun McAsh is prepared to sell his Caspian Sword, and his initial Silas Ax (The one he'd intended until he realized Richard Ridings was just too huge for it).
          Is this true?!?!?!?!? When and where???? I will fight somebody over that Caspian sword.
          "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Slash View Post

Is this true?!?!?!?!? When and where???? I will fight somebody over that Caspian sword.
            It IS true! The when is NOW, at least I think, the where is the links given by Nicholas at the start of this thread!
            Last edited by dubiousbystander; 08-29-2017, 11:12 PM.

Comment

I went and had a look. Unfortunately it is out of my price. So, I will have to kill the person that wins them unfortunately.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                dubiousbystander commented
                Editing a comment
                You can try bidding on only one of them.

Originally posted by Mr.Slash View Post

It seems to be. Also wouldn't you be at a disadvantage because that somebody has quite the menacing sword then?

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/Elenchus9/p...69660413400843

After all the positive initial responses it seems not many people are bidding.. Strange, but fortunate for the current highest bidder.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                  dubiousbystander commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I suspect it's the usual problem. Few people there can afford them. There are those like myself, too, who just have no place for them.

Loved How They Taunted Mac When They Tried To Face Him Together -
                If You Kill One Of Us, The Other One Takes Your Head While You're Down
                IF You Kill One Of Us....

Comment

Working...
                X