No announcement yet.

Is Methos... evil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Methos is a lot like Armand Thorne in that regard. He wants to hang with the great minds of history.
    He seeks out the latest (immortal?) hypes, like Dillijan, Djer, Jesus, Byron, MacLeod etc.

May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
      He does lie, even in the present. Early in the show he told Duncan he had amnesia about his earliest years and has no idea how old he is. Yet much later in "Reunion," Methos is able to rattle off his exact age to Joe: 5,127 years of age, or whatever.
      I thought about it, and while this is rather a personal preference, I prefer that he is telling the truth. My idea is that he stumbled upon something that he recognizes as from before he took his first head. He said it all starts to blur, not that he remembered nothing. "Say, that's a toy just like the one I played with when I was a child. It's from 5,000-ish years ago, so why not?"

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post
        Maybe Methos is a lot like Armand Thorne in that regard. He wants to hang with the great minds of history.
        He seeks out the latest (immortal?) hypes, like Dillijan, Djer, Jesus, Byron, MacLeod etc.
        Eh. He has a pretty low opinion of Dilijan and Djer, and both of their stories he definitely did not seek them out. Not that Dilijan particularly matters. That story was written by people who didn't even notice that the Horsemen came together about 3,000 years ago and came apart about 2,000 years ago.

Comment

• Nicholas Ward
          Nicholas Ward commented
          Editing a comment
          OK, in either situation he's present too often on the stage of history to be a coincidence.
          He supposedly met Helen of Troy, was in early Rome, sailed with Vikings, lived in China during the Ming Dynasty, studied at Heidelburg etc.
          Either Methos is a pathological liar and his claims are just unverifyable bogus or he's actively chasing the next hyped cradles of knowledge.
      Working...
      X