Still Trying To Figure Out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Trying To Figure Out...

Amanda got a series and Methos didn't? I mean come on, he was the logical choice to continue the television series and I bet money it would've lasted longer than one season.
    It's getting funky up in herre!

Midnight Rambler formerly known as...

No doubt. 5000+ years of History would have been AWESOME!

Comment

Exactly the reason. How you been feeling Blues?

Comment

Still alive! Cheated Death in January and getting stronger every day!

Comment

I think they took so long deciding that Peter was under contract for the Canadian series Cold Squad, Jim was doing The Jim Byrne's Show , Sandra Hess got the lead in Pensacola, Justin's Vail was cast in Seven Days, Alice Evans got a series in France and Claudia Christian got called back to film the Babylon 5 prequel. The financial backers all wanted a female lead because of the popularity of Xena and La Femme Nikita as well as Jennifer Garland's spy show.

While I liked The Raven, I think the franchise would have been better served if they had taken their time and planned things out better before rushing into production. By the time they started figuring it out...it was too late to fix.

Comment

Yeah. I think they did The Raven a disservice. It deserved better writing.

Comment

I don't think a Methos series was ever seriously being looked at. Bad girl shows were hot at the time (Xena, Buffy, etc.) and it was decided early on that that's what they were going to do.

Similarly to how "Amanda: The Series" would sound awesome at any point during the TV show, the execution could falter (as we see in "The Raven"). Similarly, a Methos show with a poor execution wouldn't necessarily be one bit better than what we got in The Raven.

That said, if "Indiscretions" was like a pilot for a Methos (and Joe) show, hey... that might work. Though it'd probably need a bigger hook. I've always liked the idea of Methos held captive by the Watchers, telling them stories of various adventures over the past 5000 years and helping them solve mysteries/"cold Immortal cases." Sort of like Methos as Hannibal, and some Watchers as the Clarice Starlings.
            Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

What shoulda been....

It probably would have been a heck of a lot more memorable than the Amanda spin-off. Only downside I could think of is it would take away from the mystery of Methos, and that's a large part of the appeal for him.

Comment

That is a good point.

Comment

Methos was an antihero as we saw him with Duncan. It would be hard to base a series on a guy who's tactic in situations is to do nothing. If something bad happens to someone good, Duncan goes on a crusade while Methos shrugs and says "sometimes bad things happen to good people." But, if you change him just a bit into someone with long term goals, other than his own survival, that we're let in on it could work. I've had him in fan fictions, but I've included an agenda that he is working toward. The guy is subtle and patient, so whatever he's working toward would need to fit his style. It would not lend itself to being resolved in one episode. It would need to be a chain of small victories or defeats fitting into a huge arc.

Comment

We know - I think I heard it at some convention - that Peter Wingfield had suggested (maybe only in a casual way) a series with Methos and Joe. But his idea was that in every episode, Methos would be telling Joe a "story" in the bar. A past adventure in which he himself might have played only a supporting role! The idea being that the show wouldn't have a "star" being as overworked as Adrian was. I don't think fans would have been happy with that, much as we loved Methos and Joe.

Comment

I think the fans would've been very happy with a show that had Methos telling Joe a different story each episode.

Comment

It is a good idea.

Comment

I never thought that Methos could cut the mustard to be honest outside of his first few appearances!
                          JB

Comment

Working...
                          X