No announcement yet.

1.4: Passion Play, The Devil You Know, A Matter of Time, The French Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.4: Passion Play, The Devil You Know, A Matter of Time, The French Connection

You can see every episode on YouTube via Cinedigm...if you're willing to pay $1.99 an episode.

Episode 10: "Passion Play"
    A dull Rashomon-style episode. It's nice to see some development in Lucy's character, but the immortal villain is terribly obnoxious.

Episode 11: "The Devil You Know"
    Amanda is wooed by an immortal whom Nick suspects is a criminal framing one of his friends. A rather boring take on what could have been an interesting exploration of Amanda's struggle with her desire to be a thief in light of Nick's influence.

Episode 12: "A Matter of Time"
    Another essential episode. Jim Byrnes reprises his role of Joe Dawson, while Kronos gets a new identity as Korda (and he's a fantastic villain this time, too!). The best moments are the clashes between Joe and Nick, but the flashbacks are delightful as well.

Episode 13: "The French Connection"
    Joe doesn't appear in the second half of the mid-season two-parter, but with the move to Paris comes Father Liam, a reworking of Darius from the original series' first season. As usual, the second part of this story is slower and less compelling than the first part.

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."
    --Connor MacLeod in Peter Bellwood's original Highlander II script

I really liked Passion play. 3 separate views of a single event which boils down to: Everybody lies. I like it a lot when villains have flair and the drive to add some drama to their performances, the Quickening is one of my favourites too.

May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Valentine Pelka seemed to be everyone's best mate I found on the interviews but somehow I felt he lacked the gravitas he needed to be a good immortal baddie in both his roles!
      JB

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybear View Post
        Valentine Pelka seemed to be everyone's best mate I found on the interviews but somehow I felt he lacked the gravitas he needed to be a good immortal baddie in both his roles!
        JB
        I still have to rewatch Raven. It's funny, because I thought he was fantastic as Kronos!

Comment

Well he definitely didn't have the force of character in The Raven!
          JB

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybear View Post
            Well he definitely didn't have the force of character in The Raven!
            JB
            I'm sure he was not trying to be Kronos.

Comment

Or Melvin Koren?
              JB
              Last edited by johnnybear; 08-26-2020, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Hahah or Melvin Koren.

Comment

Working...
                X