Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did you realise Nick was a pre-immortal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did you realise Nick was a pre-immortal?

For me, it was when Amanda killed herself in front of him and started to let him know about Immortals. She knew as a cop he could be killed in the line of duty. She wanted him to be prepared for the future that could be his.

I'm not even sure the people on the show knew he was a pre-Immortal/knew they wanted to make him one until pretty late in the game (no pun intended).
    Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

• dubiousbystander
      dubiousbystander commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it true that the actor really didn't want his character to be an Immortal?

• Andrew NDB
      Andrew NDB commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not really sure on that.

• Colleengael
      Colleengael commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Paul stated on his own website that he thought it would be more interesting to look at immortality from the perspective of someone who found out about it and had to help conceal it to keep a friend safe.

When Miss MathPiglet told be before I even watched the show. SpoilerPiglet she should be called.

Comment

• mathpiglet
      mathpiglet commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry.

• ~mj~
      ~mj~ commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL why do replies have to be 10 characters?

I didn't realize until it actually happened. Then I realized all the clues in show. Duh.

Comment

• ~mj~
      ~mj~ commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here...I don`t feel nearly so bad about that now!

The last couple of scenes of the Raven's finale.

Comment

• Colleengael
      Colleengael commented
      Editing a comment
      So,how did you like The Raven after finally giving it a try Aleander?

I'm with Al. I would love to ask the writers when THEY decided Nick was an immortal. It's easy to see "foreshadowing" in hindsight.
    “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
    Billy Sunday

Comment

I recently watched the last episode with the commentary. Paul Johansson said they filmed the ending two ways, one with Nick becoming immortal and one with him not becoming immortal. He didn't say if Nick died or not. I'm trying to remember if and where I heard they were considering making Nick immortal in the first episode filmed in France.

Comment

I think I guessed from Day One that they'd probably make him a pre-Immortal...and I liked, from the start, the idea of his being a character I could think of as living for centuries. Maybe becoming a friend of Duncan MacLeod, on an equal basis. I was surprised to learn Paul didn't want him to become Immortal! (If I'd known that, I'm sure I would have wanted whatever he did. I was watching the show for him, not Elizabeth Gracen!)

Of course, I assume everyone here knows by now that Paul was actually ill (pneumonia, though he didn't realize it) when they were filmimg the final episode, and he could have died? Brrr!

Comment

I had some fun with fan fiction! Wrote one sensible fic in which he was a pre-Immortal...and wound up, of course, as a full Immortal. One in which he was a pre-Immortal, but wound up as an ordinary mortal. And a third in which he was never a pre-Immortal, but wound up as a full Immortal! (Re that last: think "organ transplant"!)

Comment

I think I found out from the net as I'd never seen the show until recently!
            JB

Comment

Working...
            X