Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think a season 2 would have looked like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think a season 2 would have looked like?

Would it have just been Amanda showing Nick the ropes, coaching him, ala Duncan and Richie? Something else?
    Highlander: Dark Places

Probably Amanda trying to protect Nick while staying on the sideline because Nick is still angry and unforgiving.
    Basically just Amanda hunting down threats to Nick and/or sending in teachers etc. leading up to a confrontation between her and Nick.
    May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

I think Liam would have found him a teacher. I do believe Amanda would have kept an eye on him from a distance. There were pictures Paul posted on his website of him and Adrian taken at Cannes. So maybe Amanda or Joe arranged for Duncan to run into Nick and talk to him.

It would have been interesting to see how Nick came to terms with his new reality. Did he keep working for Bert Myers. Did he seek out Sean and the Immortal bikers? Did he move out of the Sanctuary Club to avoid Amanda or did he stay because it is Holy Ground and Amanda moved out? Did he go find Lucy and talk with her? All questions I would have liked to see worked out through a season two.

The one thing I did learn about Nick from the first season was that while he might get totally mad and go on a bender...he always calmed down and was willing to let someone explain their actions. He would have forgiven Amanda eventually.

Comment

I think the first few episodes, at least, it'd be Nick trying to cope with Immortality and not really dealing with it at all well. Whether Amanda would teach him or not is debateable.

Comment

I think it would have jumped ten years into the future when Nick, who had found a teacher and trained for ten years, and Amanda meet up again. The intervening years would give them time to get on a more equal footing.

Comment

So far, knowing those writers, it would have slipped all the way to being the story of stressed-out Nick, newly Immortal, and guilt-ridden Amanda trying and trying to get him to forgive her.

I would like it to have been Amanda training Nick, with the occasional guest appearance by other Immortals. Maybe someone like Duncan would put his foot down with Nick and knock him off of his high horse.

Comment

I could see a short time lapse... not ten years. Maybe we start out in season 2, Amanda hasn't seen Nick for 6 months. i.e., he freaked out after the season finale of 1 and left the state, possibly the country. 3 or 4 episodes with Nick going on a soul-searching adventure, Amanda closing in on him. At one point he is challenged by a nasty Immortal and it looks bad... the Buzz... it's Duncan, to save the day! Duncan takes out the baddie as a confused Amanda arrives. Then a few episodes of Amanda and Duncan showing Nick the ropes, then Duncan takes off.

Though as much as they really, really didn't even want to so much as mention Duncan's name in season 1 (even in the episode with Duncan's own Watcher showing up!), but maybe they learned their lesson.
              Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Really, I don't think they could possibly have gotten a Season 2 filmed, in light of all we know now (from the Commentaries on the DVDs) about Elizabeth Gracen's bad behavior. I admit it's turned me against the character of Amanda, no matter how I try to separate the character from the performer.

Comment

Who was this nutter she was with? I can't seem to find any name or other info on him?
                  JB

Comment

Having seen the final episode (at last) I'd say that the second season would have started with Nick going home to the US and Amanda following him! There he is sighted by a younger immortal who decides he is easy pickings that is until Amanda steps in! Nick though knows he has to face the guy on his own and fights him and defeats him near a river where his headless body disappears into! The relationship between Nick and Amanda will be hard until midway into the season though...
                    JB

Comment

I spoke to Robert Cavanah the other day about what it was like on the set and he said he loved his time there! He got on with both leads and still keeps in touch with Paul Johansson to this day. He liked Elizabeth and found her to be very quiet. Shame he didn't accept me as a friend on FB though!!!
                      JB

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybear View Post
                        I spoke to Robert Cavanah the other day about what it was like on the set and he said he loved his time there! He got on with both leads and still keeps in touch with Paul Johansson to this day. He liked Elizabeth and found her to be very quiet. Shame he didn't accept me as a friend on FB though!!!
                        JB
                        Father Liam Riley! That's very nice.

Comment

Working...
                        X