X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stan Kirsch Dead: ‘Highlander’ Actor Dies at 51

anybody can confirm that
    https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020...n-kirsch-dead/
    Last edited by watcher nido; 01-13-2020, 08:24 PM.

Peter Wingfield

https://twitter.com/peterwingfield/s...08617892282370

Comment

It seems true: https://www.facebook.com/stankirschs...18513680105254

May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Comment

I think it will, at this point, come as much more of a shock if it turned out to be false. I am so sad!

Comment

It's unfortunate that he felt the need to do such a thing. I feel for his friends and family. I know they're rethinking their interactions with him over the last few weeks, I just hope they'll be strong enough to not blame themselves. Hindsight is 20/20 when it comes to such things, but it's not anyone's fault.

Comment

Wow, that's a gut punch.

Comment

So sad. May he rest in peace.

Comment

Very devastating. He seemed to be so happy at his acting school, so proud of his students.
                  Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

He's the same age as me? How did that not register in my mind? (When someone your own age dies it's a *blink*.)

I saw this in MSN's news feed, and wondered how quick it would be up here, and with how much detail. I didn't know he was running that acting school.

Condolences to the family.

Comment

It is sad he is gone.

It is sad how his life ended.

RIP.
                      "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

He must have been in a lot of pain. Some of the people on Facebook spent the day grasping at straws for reasons it had to be a hoax. I understand that feeling.

Comment

Very sad, he seemed to be such a good guy. Who knows where he wen thru lately. I wish comfort and peace for his family.
                          Through the serie, I remember him as a symbol of youth, impetuosity, passion too. A good partner for Duncan, but still often in conflict, till he tries his own path, with some mistakes. Until a tragic end though.
                          He will still be immortal to me.

Comment

I met him with the rest of the cast during the Paris shootings for several seasons ... He was very nice and kind ... May he rest in peace ...
                            La Peur Tue l'Esprit ...

Comment

It is so sad, so hard to understand. How many have we lost now? Now that Stan has left us, was thinking about the others lost too, Werner Stocker, Vanity, Bob Anderson, Panzer....

Comment

It's much easier to accept them. Werner was such a long time ago, and none of them went by choice...

Comment

This is just so awful. I've lost way too many people to suicide in the last few years. I wish I had a chance to meet Stan, he seemed like a great guy. I wish him a safe journey in the world beyond.

Comment

This is the appropriate place for this particular podcast episode link to stand.
                                    Blood Of Kings: Remembering STAN KIRSCH Part 1. With Guests John Mosby & Lee Fillingsness

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-qyiy3-d03f46

Comment

Comment

I've only just found out about Stan's passing and I'm really shocked!!! What could have made him do it? Has Adrian Paul said anything about this tragedy? It's really awful as he seemed such a nice guy and was integral to the success of the series!
                                        JB

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybear View Post
                                          I've only just found out about Stan's passing and I'm really shocked!!! What could have made him do it? Has Adrian Paul said anything about this tragedy? It's really awful as he seemed such a nice guy and was integral to the success of the series!
                                          JB
                                          Yes. Adrian Paul has. Many have. Someone else may have said something a little more final, too. I'm unclear...

Comment

Thanks for that, Dubious!
                                            JB

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybear View Post
                                              JB
                                              From Adrian's Facebook...

In Memoriam. Stan The Man.

Now that isn’t just a title, it’s a nickname those close to Stan Kirsch would affectionately call him during the early years filming on Highlander-the-Series. I met Stan in Vancouver in July 1992, an excitable young boy with a passion for acting. Little did I know it at the time, but he would become more than my closest ally in an amazing journey for the next five years, he became my friend and what he termed, “my little brother”. It was true, especially when a year or so later, he met my actual younger brother and realized I treated him just the same way. I wasn’t the only one who thought of Stan in that way. Even though they were almost the same age, French actress Alexandra Vandernoot, who played Tessa Noel, always saw Stan as being much younger than her.

To understand why you have to look at what a great acting teacher once told me. “As you change as an actor, you change as a human being and as you change as a human being you will change as an actor”. Acting has that effect, it is many times, a reflection of life. Stan’s character in the series was an inquisitive and impetuous young man whose mentor Duncan Macleod would always have to keep an eye on. And so that is also what happened in real life, as we went back and forth between North America and France for the next five years. From being woken up at 2am in the morning after he was struck across the face by a girl’s stiletto heel, to the hours of discussions about our work, to the practical jokes we constantly played on each other. We created a bond that was very much like that of siblings and really shaped who we were going to be over the next 20 years.

But it wasn’t certain in the first year of filming whether Stan’s character was going to be there for the entire run. When his character was revealed to be Immortal and Duncan Macleod took him under his wing, many people went back through the prior episodes and “uncovered” clues that pointed to the fact that it had been a well-crafted storyline from the beginning. The fact was, that it was a decision made only at the start of the second season and that was because Stan, as a person had brought so much life to his character of Richie Ryan that fans loved him and the producers and writers saw the possibility of developing it much further. He lasted in the show for five seasons and as luck would have it Duncan Macleod, was the one to kill him off. The day we shot that, was not only a hard day for me but also the whole crew. It felt as if we were losing a family member.

When people ask me what I remember most of Stan, it was his laugh. A wide-open belly wrenching laugh that doubled him over whenever we did something inappropriate, or when he successfully accomplished a practical joke. Like the one we played on Alexandra Vandernoot, telling her that stray cats we actually banned on sets in Canada and you could get into serious trouble if one was found, then placing cat hairs on the floor in her trailer. Other times it would be at my expense. One that I always come to mind was the cream pie fight in the lunch trailer when, in full costume, we decided to start pelting each other across the lunchroom with the carefully made French cream pies, eventually not only covering ourselves but the entire lunch truck in a creamy mess.

Apart from the fun, there were serious moments too. Stan loved acting, he wanted to be respected for his craft, which he later did by becoming a great acting teacher, loved and respected by many who he helped put into numerous films and television shows. But he was also a good man. He attended several events for my charity, The Peace Fund, helping give inspiration to underprivileged kids. Stan was a good man to his core. Over the years we spent less time with each other, as you do with careers and life-changing your priorities. But when we caught up together the relationship was the same. Of course, we both had different lives but the respect and comradery were still there.

When I heard of Stan’s passing, I was in shock. I sat in my car, my son in the seat behind me asking me what had happened, listening to my manager tell me the news. I couldn’t really explain to my son either, because I didn’t really couldn’t comprehend it myself. I knew he had been in pain for a while after two surgeries that didn’t solve the neck problems he had been having for a few years, but I had never thought that this would be the way his life would end.

Stan you were my friend, my little brother. I will always remember the laughter and memories we had together for the rest of the time I have on this earth. May you now be free from the obvious pain you felt.

Until we meet again, may the winds be with you.

Comment

• ~mj~
                                                ~mj~ commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                Wow. I didn't know anything about him being in so much pain. R.I.P....

Thanks for that Winter!
                                              JB

Comment

Working...
                                              X