Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite supporting character?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your favorite supporting character?

Let's take it to the polls!
    Tessa
    10.53%
    Amanda
    5.26%
    Joe
    10.53%
    Richie
    5.26%
    Methos
    36.84%
    Dr. Anne
    0%
    Charlie
    0%
    Fitzcairn
    10.53%
    Maurice
    15.79%
    Cassandra
    5.26%
    Kenny
    0%
    Darius
    0%
    Highlander: Dark Places

I went Methos but I like just about all of them except for Dr. Anne. I don't know what they were thinking with that character/actress but she did not work at all.

Comment

I like them all but Kenny as a supporting character. But I also enjoyed seeing Randi MacFarland, Sam the art restorer and Richie's friend Angie too. For me...those three roles were important in season one because they showed how the main characters treated old friends and new acquaintances. I wish they had brought them back in future seasons. It just seemed wrong to have them cut out of Duncan and Richie's life in Seacouver.
      Last edited by Colleengael; 05-31-2017, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• SouthernChickie
        SouthernChickie commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish they had kept some of the Seacouver non-immortal friends around. It would have provided some really interesting storylines with mortals who do not know what's going on and how they interpreted and interacted with the immortals. Randi sniffing around had some great potential (maybe she finds out and gets recruited into the Watchers?) and Angie was a nice link to Richie's childhood as well as she had the potential to show us what the finds of newly immortal immortals saw with their friends changing so much.

It has to be Methos with his long history and his smug attitude.

Comment

I agree there. Some of the characters introduced in season 1 should have returned, especially Randi. I liked her. I suppose making her a Watcher would have worked but something tells me if she had stuck around longer she would have likely became another Kalas target.

Comment

Mike. Joe's bartender. He didn't take any shit. Mike will tell the owner to his face that the tap is broken and walk off leaving the wrench on the bar.
          Not recorded in the Watcher Chrons. is that after stripping off his apron and leaving Joe's in a huff, Mike went on to form a counter-Watcher group called "The Tellers".

Rusty, stop posting. I made you soup.

I like soup.

Comment

Oh and I see what you did Andrew. Bastard.
            Pitting Kenny against Joe??
            Gotta go Joe, for me. He and the Watchers were why I kept watching the show. Kenny was a unique and bold choice for the writers as well but was hardly a supporting cast member.
            THIS POLL IS INVALIDATED!!
            Damn I miss doing that.

Comment

• ~mj~
              ~mj~ commented
              Editing a comment
              Unh-hunh...

Amanda...she always made for a fun episode.
            Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

I went for Maurice. Every scene he's in is funny to me, and he makes the relatively weak Season 2 much more enjoyable overall.
              Formerly known as "Quickening"

My latest video in which I visit an ancient broch and cairns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxY2hYR6GXw

Comment

I always enjoyed the Fitz episodes.
                "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

Connor MacLeod.

*rimshot*

I went with Tessa. Amanda would probably be my next pick. Then Joe, Richie, Darius, and Methos. The rest...not a fan.

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."
                  --Connor MacLeod in Peter Bellwood's original Highlander II script

Comment

Joe. (although Methos is a close second)
                    I think largely because Joe was more of a point of identification for the audience
                    He was on the outside looking in also he could talk straight to MacLeod in a way nobody else could
                    (comes a Horseman is a good example because Joe uses his experience in Vietnam to argue Methos case to MacLeod....and while he didn't change Mac's mind at the time, I always read under his dialogue "Look Mac, you may be Four hundred years old, but that doesn't give you (or any other immortal) a monopoly on life experiences")

Comment

I can't make a choice, because I love Joe and Methos equally. And I suspect there are many fans who wouldn't be able to choose between/among two or more favorites.

Comment

Maurice was secretly the real Source.

Comment

Methos. He occupied a large part of my Highlander memory. I believe the episodes I tuned in for on the Sci Fi channel were mostly from seasons 1, 4 and 5. When I watched the entire series on Hulu, I realized I had never met Charlie, Maurice or Anne before. I never had a clue that the dojo belonged to someone else before Duncan.

Comment

Order of preference:
                            Tessa (she died too soon!)
                            Methos
                            Dr. Anne Lindsey
                            Cassandra
                            Darius
                            Charlie
                            Joe
                            Maurice
                            Fitzcairn
                            Richie
                            Amanda
                            Kenny

Comment

Thank you, Midnight Blue!

Comment

Methos is, pretty much, a default for me, with Joe. They're both equally important. Then Amanda!

Comment

I wish they explored Methos' character more in the series.

Comment

They sort of explored him quite a lot, but then ran out of series. It was, after all, about Duncan MacLeod.

I love Peter Wingfield. He was a great actor, and he is a great person.

Comment

Working...
                                    X