• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-2: Innocent Man, Free Fall, Bad Day in Building A

Discuss these Season 1 episodes:

Innocent Man
    Free Fall
    Bad Day in Building A

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."
    --Connor MacLeod in Peter Bellwood's original Highlander II script

Note: every episode is legally hosted on YouTube by Cinedigm:

Episode 4: "Innocent Man"

Second episode to air. Nothing special. Star power from Vincent Schiavelli, who isn't Jeffrey Tambor, in case Ryan Seacrest is reading.

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."

Comment

Episode 5: "Free Fall"

Technically the pilot episode. Joan Jett is here to continue the franchise's infatuation with MTV. (Russell Mulcahy, Queen, Stewart Copeland, and Lou Gramm were all involved in the first two movies, but none of them were given a major acting gig!) It's, um, okay. Everyone seems to assume Richie is already immortal.

Comment

Episode 6: "Bad Day in Building A"

Die Hard knockoff starring the Wishmaster himself, Andrew Divoff. It's also a Randi MacFarland episode, but Amanda Wyss doesn't die to the Djinn as she did to Freddy Krueger. Really lame early entry from the TV show.

Comment

Utterly forgettable episode all-around, though the first of these is decidedly standard. And "Free Fall" adds an unecessary link to the Mesamune legacy of Connor's sword maker fame from the first three (four?) films.

Comment

Innocent Man - I enjoyed this episode. It tells a good story with a few humorous twists. Everything in the diner was good. What Duncan says to the local after wrenching his arm, I have had similar instances several times. I didn't have to wrench an arm, but rednecks generally do not like guys like me (long hair/musician types).

Free Fall - It was an OK episode. I am a Joan Jett fan. But I think Duncan should have iced her.

Bad Day in Building A - This one gets shit on by a lot of fans. I like it. Yeah, it is a riff on Die Hard. But imagine how many times this story has been told from different angles but it is the same basic story. Good guy facing numerous bad guys. Good guy takes each out one at a time. Also, I am a fan of Andrew Divoff. I did find it odd that they never came right out and said what exactly Slade did.
            "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

Am I correct in thinking that Free Fall was the first episode actually produced?
              JB

Comment

Working...
              X