• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-7: Eye of the Beholder, Avenging Angel, Nowhere to Run

Discuss these Season 1 episodes:

Eye of the Beholder
    Avenging Angel
    Nowhere to Run

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."
    --Connor MacLeod in Peter Bellwood's original Highlander II script

The episodes are legally available on Cinedigm's YouTube channel:

Episode 19: "Eye of the Beholder"

Richie goes up against King Arthur himself, Nigel Terry. Really good Season 1 episode.

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."

Comment

Episode 20: "Avenging Angel"

Tessa vs. yet another serial killer. We're back in Cheeseville with this episode, and neither of the parallel storylines are interesting in the least.

Comment

Episode 21: "Nowhere to Run"

Bad Day in Mansion A. Talia al Ghul makes her English-speaking career debut.

Comment

"Avenging Angel" sucks. "Nowhere to Run" only really has that swordfight going for it - and its a damn good one. "Eye of the Beholder" is pretty decent.

Comment

Eye of the Beholder - Really good episode all across the board. Funny that, in later seasons, Duncan got all sad for killing a friend. Here, he didn't seem too fucked up about it.

Avenging Angel - First off, another nod to the MTV thing that was mentioned previously. Martin Kemp, who portrayed Cahill, was bassist in Spandau Ballet. I have a soft spot for this episode, as it was the very first episode I watched. I really enjoy the fight scene on the stairs. The final fight, I think they made Cahill look way too strong. Another show in the same vein of Beast Below featuring an immortal that isn't quite all there.

Nowhere to Run - Good episode. The final fight was good. I got the feeling that Duncan and Bellian were somehow familiar with each other.
            "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

Working...
            X