• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-5: Under Color of Authority, Bless the Child, Unholy Alliance

Discuss these Season 2 episodes:

Under Color of Authority
    Bless the Child
    Unholy Alliance

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."
    --Connor MacLeod in Peter Bellwood's original Highlander II script

Every episode comes courtesy of Cinedigm on YouTube.

Episode 34: "Under Color of Authority"

AKA "Duncan's A Self-Righteous Jerk, Pt. 2." Duncan kicks Richie to the curb over the Mako thing, but didn't Duncan just do the same thing to Sully in the previous episode? Oh, but I guess since Richie and Mako were not friends, it wasn't right for Richie to kill him.

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."

Comment

Episode 35: "Bless the Child"

Possibly the worst episode of the series. Certainly the worst of Season 2.

Comment

Episode 36: "Unholy Alliance, Part 1"

This mid-season two-parter sees the return of James Horton (the best villain in the series, and the last really good use of him) and Xavier St. Cloud (still played by Mr. Fine Young Cannibals himself). I love how Xavier has the guys gunned down before decapitating them. I couldn't help but think, "Why don't more immortals do this?" But Xavier must be crazy if he thinks that he can still win the prize, even with Horton's help. Not to be ableist, but come on: he has one hand!

Comment

Episode 37: "Unholy Alliance, Part 2"

Less satisfying than Part 1. It seemed to drag a bit. And despite the welcome bit of neck stump we see after the decapitation, I must say that Duncan's killing blow barely had enough force behind it to break the skin. Still, the threat of Charlie losing his life and the continuing conflict between Joe Dawson and his evil brother-in-law Horton make this a must-see. Besides, it's the last time in the series that the threat of the impending Gathering is really felt.

Comment

I like "Under Color of Authority." Ditto "Unholy Alliance"; I wish they'd established that Horton was really dead after that episode, and hadn't given us the unbelievable "Counterfeit."

Comment

Under Color of Authority - Great episode. Mako was a cool character. End fight....Richie did OK for a bit but Mako was winning. I am of the opinion that, if Mako doesn't fall through whatever he was standing on and gets stuck, Richie dies. He was getting cut up bad.

Bless the Child - There is nothing about this episode that was memorable other than the bear scene, which was ammusing.

Unholy Alliance - Excellent. Xavier was such a great villain. He is hell bent on killing Duncan. Horton as always is a great villain. The government agent woman, could have done without that side story. She was annoying.
              "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

Working...
              X