• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-3: The Lamb, Obsession, Shadows

Discuss these Season 3 episodes:

The Lamb
    Obsession
    Shadows

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."
    --Connor MacLeod in Peter Bellwood's original Highlander II script

All episodes courtesy of Cinedigm:

Episode 51: "The Lamb"

See, this is why the first death concept is so idiotic. Killer kids...ugh. The episode is mediocre except for when Kenny goes into psycho mode. And Duncan was flat-out wrong for defending him. Dunkie takes people's heads for doing "bad" things all the time, but since Kenny looks young, he feels sorry for the little devil?

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."

Comment

Episode 52: "Obsession"

Here's a ground-breaking episode: an old friend shows up, Duncan tries to help him with his problems, and Mac ultimately fights the guy in the end.

Comment

Episode 53: "Shadows"

Too bad such a fantastic decapitation and quickening were wasted on a mediocre episode. Richie's off in a pointless subplot. Dr. Anne's pulling a Brenda Wyatt on Duncan's past. The flashbacks are laughable. The power of illusion seems to make a cameo, undermining the cool Jungian thing that was going on earlier. The whole thing reeks of proto-Ahriman.

Comment

I've always loved "Shadows." I like it when Mac is briefly vulnerable, and has to fight off the effects of something like a drug.

Comment

The Lamb - Kenny ... my god why didn't they kill off this twit. I liked the other episode he appeared in much more than this one.

Obsession - The story is OK I suppose. This supports my theory that love is stupid.

Shadows - I like this episode. I have seen it quite a few times. At one time, I had not cable and this was the only episode I had on VHS. Garrik looks like a member of Deep Purple. I would like to have seen him last a few episodes, kind of like Kalas did. Richie's reaction to seeing him in his disguise when he came to the dojo was good. Times like that would have been good for a colorful metaphor.
            "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

Working...
            X