• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-7: Mortal Sins, Reasonable Doubt, Finale

Discuss these Season 3 episodes:

Mortal Sins
    Reasonable Doubt
    Finale

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."
    --Connor MacLeod in Peter Bellwood's original Highlander II script

All episodes are available on YouTube from Cinedigm.

Episode 63: "Mortal Sins"

Dr. Anne is pregnant. Thankfully, she leaves again.

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."

Comment

Episode 64: "Reasonable Doubt"

A Maurice-centered episode? And it's actually really good?!

Comment

Episode 65: "Finale, Part 1"

Methos returns! The Watcher subplot is intriguing. The Xavier flashback was great. Amanda kicks butt! But Kalas and his gang are laughable.

Comment

Episode 66: "Finale, Part 2"

Kalas finally dies after overstaying his welcome. Cool quickening at the end.

Comment

I've always liked "Mortal Sins." Good story in the present, and a great flashback. (And I've gotten a real kick out of the story about the director's having made a big fuss about the color of the supposed communion wine - I think they had to make it white to appease him, then artificially "colored" it red.)

And thinking of this episode in relation to Anne Lindsay...I've never understood why many fans disliked Mac's relationship with Anne, and even the people connected with the show thought there was no "chemistry" there. Even though I want to think of Mac always remembering Tessa as his great love, I liked the relationship with Anne, viewed as short-term. But I also liked the way it ended, in this episode.

Comment

A quick note about "Finale": Remember, at the end, there was a "teaser" showing another copy of that disc on a shelf in the bookstore? I made a note at a convention that the writers said they really did think of having it go public...which would have changed the series completely! MacLeod would have been - supposedly - moving from one city to another every week, trying to avoid being captured. They dropped the idea because they couldn't figure out how Joe could plausibly be following him around.

Comment

That development would have worked better at the beginning of Season 5. There was no need for a big shakeup at the end of Season 3.

Comment

Just watching Finale now. It occurred to me, having not seen it in so long, to wonder what so many of the cons were focused on Kalas about. I mean, for the initial murder attempt that we saw. Heh. There are probably fanfics.

Comment

The two chapters of Finale I really really enjoy them...those chapters made me to love the serie

Comment

Working...
                    X