started a topic 4.1: Homeland, Brothers in Arms, The Innocent

4.1: Homeland, Brothers in Arms, The Innocent

Discuss these Season 4 episodes:

Homeland
    Brothers in Arms
    The Innocent

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I'm watching Homeland now. Rachel was so... belligerent. It's hilarious to see Ewan 'Sudsy' Clark here. I had to look him up because I could not pinpoint where I'd seen him before. Hahaha, way back in The Return of Amanda. And of course, ever since the first few seasons of The Walking Dead, seeing Laurie Holden here makes me smile!

Leave a comment:

• Tootsie Bee
    replied

Episode 69: "The Innocent"

Laughably bad episode that never rings true. When it's not stealing whole plot threads from Of Mice and Men, it's trying in vain to echo Rain Man. Mikey isn't a character, but rather an assemblage of cliches. The villain is a joke, and Duncan defeats him so easily that it's hard to believe that the writers even bothered posing him as a threat. At least it's a decent Richie showcase, but it's very much the sort of story I'd expect from the first two seasons. Oh, and what was with those flashbacks? They had no bearing on the present, and the application to the Mikey story was so forced that they could've stuck in any flashback and made as relevant a connection!

Leave a comment:

• Tootsie Bee
    replied

Episode 68: "Brothers in Arms"

All-around terrible episode, reminiscent of the weaker parts of Season 2. Awful villain with no motivation. Pointless wasting of Charlie. Lame, trite flashbacks of Joe's past that don't ring true and seem far too convenient. Worst of all, Duncan loses all credibility that he gained in the previous episode, as he returns to being an unlikable jerk who ruins the lives of everyone around him.

Leave a comment:

• Tootsie Bee
    replied
    Episodes courtesy of Cinedigm.

Episode 67: "Homeland"

Why did it take them three whole lousy seasons to come to this point? The rich visuals, the beautiful footage of Scotland (with Bonny Portmore, no less...they knew to steal the only good thing from Highlander III). Adrian Paul's direction is solid. The final fight was nice, and the Quickening...finally, good effects! Probably the best thing about this episode is Duncan. For once, I could understand how anyone could find him even close to being as interesting as Connor. For once, he was likable, fascinating, and compelling. For once...I cared about the character. The outstanding flashbacks helped this, and I can now say that I'm a Duncan fan...for at least one episode.

Leave a comment:

• Firkin
    replied
    Love me some Pruitt Taylor Vince.

Leave a comment:

• Aleander
    replied
    I still think that episode would have to be "Band of Brothers". If you don't like that, forget about watching the show.

Leave a comment:

• Wilusa
    replied
    All excellent, but I think it's "Homeland" that sticks in most fans' minds as...maybe not necessarily the "best" episode, but the one we'd recommend to others as the most representative of Highlander at its best.

Leave a comment:

• Aleander
    replied
    "Homeland" is a great episode, but I wish they could've done a Scotland episode without an Immortal villain. Also, the casting of said villain was iffy - maybe not in the present day scenes, but he's definitely not selling the Viking bit in the flashback. Nevertheless, this is an impressive-looking episode, gently ripping off HL3 and showcasing Adrian Paul's best directing gig. And Joe cracking jokes around isn't half bad. The only thing that could've made this better would've been an actual Connor appearance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X