• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-2: Sins of the Father, Diplomatic Immunity, Patient Number 7

Discuss these Season 6 episodes:

Sins of the Father
    Diplomatic Immunity
    Patient Number 7

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."
    --Connor MacLeod in Peter Bellwood's original Highlander II script

All episodes are now available on YouTube courtesy of Cinedigm:

Episode 109: "Sins of the Father"

Duncan doesn't want to use his sword anymore...blah blah blah. He isn't even the real main character here. We've hit the first of the Casting Call episodes. Raven is okay, but I'm glad that she did not end up as "The Raven." There is a really good quickening in the flashback, too. If only Mac weren't around to spoil things with his post-Ahriman depression!

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."

Comment

Episode 110: "Diplomatic Immunity"

Another awful "Duncan is the ever-righteous judge of all human beings" episode. As usual, an old friend comes from out of town and does something that ticks off Mac (who takes his sword back out, thereby rendering the scene in the last episode moot). This time, the character is basically just a variation on Fitz, and about as annoying.

Comment

(This episode is available from Cinedigm in monetized form only for some reason. The free version was deleted.)

Episode 111: "Patient Number 7"

Duncan MacLeod guest-stars in another series. With delightfully slimy villains and a great female protagonist, the episode has all the makings of a delightfully cheesy 80's movie. Sure, the amnesia plot has been done to death, but at least the episode has a real sense of fun going for it.

Comment

Working...
        X