• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-3: Black Tower, Unusual Suspects, Justice

Discuss these Season 6 episodes:

Black Tower
    Unusual Suspects
    Justice

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."
    --Connor MacLeod in Peter Bellwood's original Highlander II script

Season 6 is available in its entirety on Youtube from Cinedigm.

Episode 112: "Black Tower"

Who thought it was a good idea to remake "Bad Day in Building A"? Duncan does his Richard Dean Anderson thing while taking out goons that make the Die Hard henchmen look like Rhodes Scholars. The flashbacks are weak, and the Connor reference feels forced as usual. The worst part of the episode is the nonsensical dialogue spouted by Dice. It's clear that the writers knew next to nothing about video game development. Who cared about high scores by the late 90's?

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."

Comment

Episode 113: "Unusual Suspects"

Like most Fitz episodes, it's a lame comedy. Even the 1920s setting can't excuse the poor acting, bad jokes, and awful music. The monkey sound effects in the dining room scene make me wonder if the episode was actually striving to be as awful as possible.

Comment

Episode 114: "Justice"

The third casting call introduces another immortal who probably couldn't carry a series. It's yet another revenge tale, and everything is decent (if cliche) until the needless sex scene. After that point, the story falls apart, and the ending is terribly predictable. The low point is the superfluous flashback to the 1300s.

Comment

Working...
        X