• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-4: Deadly Exposure, Two of Hearts, Indiscretions

Discuss these Season 6 episodes:

Deadly Exposure
    Two of Hearts
    Indiscretions

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."
    --Connor MacLeod in Peter Bellwood's original Highlander II script

Indiscretions, aka the Pilot to that Joe&Methos show we never got for some reason.

Comment

All episodes courtesy of Cinedigm:

Episode 115: "Deadly Exposure"

The most fun of the casting call episodes, and the only one that really could work as a viable spin-off. Cole has the charisma to carry a series. Duncan makes a requisite appearance without intruding on the bounty hunting story.

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."

Comment

Episode 116: "Two of Hearts"

No regular characters appear here--this is nothing less than a pilot for another show. It's an excellent episode, though I couldn't imagine this concept working as a whole series. Maybe as a rough outline for The Raven Season 2.

Comment

Episode 117: "Indiscretions"

Not the best of this season, nor the worst. No Duncan in sight. Dawson gets a daughter, Methos deals with an old enemy, and the story plods along with some annoying shootouts and a dull villain. The saving grace of the episode is the repartee between Joe and Methos.

Comment

Originally posted by Tootsie Bee View Post

Episode 116: "Two of Hearts"

this is nothing less than a pilot for another show. It's an excellent episode, though I couldn't imagine this concept working as a whole series. Maybe as a rough outline for The Raven Season 2.
            This was what they ended up using as the template for The Raven. It was always to be an episode without Adrian Paul but was not part of the original group of 4 episodes that were to feature female leads as screen tests for The Raven.

Comment

The only one of these episodes I care about is "Indiscretions." Terrific - one of the few very good things about Season 6. The whole season was a mistake, and I don't think I've ever rewatched the "screen-test" episodes featuring female Immortals. (Knowing all I do now, I think the only good thing about Raven is that it gave us Paul Johannson! And I'm no longer sure how to spell his name...)

Comment

I liked each of these test episodes. It was fun to finally see Regan Cole was The Countess that Duncan and Amanda staged a fake fight over in The Methuselah Stone. Sandra Hess was one of my favorites of the test pilot episodes. She ended up as the lead in Pensacola playing of all things...a navy pilot. I ended up watching her in that series instead because of her Highlander connection.

As for Indisgressions, it was a favorite because of the Methos and Joe angle. I also got to see the sneak preview of it at Anaheim con with Peter and Jim sitting in the back making comments. Someone actually hushed them without realizing who was talking.

Two of Hearts gave us Claudia Christian as an older immortal with a mortal husband. It would have been fun to see more episodes with her character. I always liked her work on Babylon 5. Too bad they decided they needed her for a B5 prequel movie after they had already killed her character on that show.

Comment

"Indiscretions" was a terrific episode. And it's one of the cases where there are amusing stories about the episode! The one I'd remembered for years: While Jim and Peter were doing all that driving around, they were constantly worried about being stopped by police. Because Jim was carrying a prop gun that looked a lot like the real thing - and Peter, who was driving, wasn't licensed to drive in France.

Recently, I found notes I'd made about something else that happened. The "bar" they were filming in was a real bar they had permission to use. But the filming went on too long, and the management threw them out. They had a backup filming site for use in such emergencies: of all things, a hangar. I don't know whether there was a plane in it. But it was winter...the hangar was unheated...and it was so cold that the actors' breaths would have been visible, like fog. Fortunately, the acting craft has a solution for that: before their scenes, Jim and the actress playing his daughter had to melt ice cubes in their mouths!

Comment

A bit about "Indiscretions" that isn't amusing: Peter said that Quickening he took was really dangerous - the director couldn't see that, from where he was standing. Peter said he decided to endure it and get it over with, as Adrian and David Robb had done in "Star-Crossed." He said he actually had a small scar on the side of his face, from debris hitting him!

Comment

Working...
                    X