Who do you want to see more of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you want to see more of?

The series gave us a number of interesting, memorable characters, some of whom only appeared once.

Which of the one-shot immortals would you have liked to see more of, whether in flashbacks or present day scenes?

I would have liked to see more of Ceirdryn and I thought Haresh Clay was cool, with a certain dash and charisma and screen presence. I would have liked to have seen more of him in theseries, more of a good guy role, like an occasional friend and visitor of Duncan's.

Comment

Grace Chandel
      ​​​​​​ Corey Raines
      Matthew McCormick
      Claudia Jardin
      Michele Webster

Each was a character that I would have liked to have seen more of.

Comment

• Saber Dog
        Saber Dog commented
        Editing a comment
        I liked Grace and have had her in several fan fictions.

(For Rusty) KENNY!

Comment

Katherine, Corey and Matthew.
        Last edited by Lady_CJ; 05-17-2017, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Catherine would have been fun to see interacting with some of the regulars. I always thought it was fun to see Claudia and Tracy together on Babylon Five in the future. It was fun to imagine that Cassandra and Catherine managed to survive several more centuries as immortals by quietly living their lives and fighting evil when they could.

Comment

I loved the chemistry between Katherine and Nick. I have always wished there had been more with them. Even a spin-off.

Comment

I always thought that it would have been fun to have had a second season of The Raven where Catherine and her Nick ended up running into Nick Wolfe while chasing the same bad kimmie. They could even exchange Amanda stories.

Comment

The Horsemen
                "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

mikey flashbacks please

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mikey4_zpsahwsrekh.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	586

Comment

More Fitz in the present stuff. More Ceirdwyn. More Rebecca.
                    Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

• Saber Dog
                      Saber Dog commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes to all and add Kyra.

I really, really wish season 6 was The Joe and Methos show, where Methos and Joe would talk and debate endlessly about Immortals and their records and how Methos knows most of them are actually wrong because he was there. Basically, their one little scene in "To Be", but 10+ episodes of it.

Comment

Sticking to just the Immortal characters that made one off appearances and weren't beheaded:

Connor Macleod (I know why he wasn't but who wouldn't want to see more of Duncan and Connor's history and their camaraderie with each other?)
                      Grace Chandel
                      Claudia Jardine
                      Walter Graham
                      Annie Devlin

Comment

Originally posted by RainbowRaven View Post
                        Connor Macleod (I know why he wasn't but who wouldn't want to see more of Duncan and Connor's history and their camaraderie with each other?)
                        My single greatest disappointment with the Series-verse (though Richie's senseless killing would be a close tie). They establish a fantastic relationship dynamic, that is never explored. At least, not properly, and when it is, its on tie-in material. There's even been dozens of fan-fics that delved into it with admittedly varied results, but all of them capture some of that magic, because there was some there.

But in the Series films? They blew it.

Annie Devlin
                        To this day, I don't understand why Liam O'Roorke didn't mention her in the finale. Its highly unlikely they wouldn't have known of one another, as they worked in the same Irish organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleander View Post
                          My single greatest disappointment with the Series-verse (though Richie's senseless killing would be a close tie). They establish a fantastic relationship dynamic, that is never explored. At least, not properly, and when it is, its on tie-in material. There's even been dozens of fan-fics that delved into it with admittedly varied results, but all of them capture some of that magic, because there was some there.

But in the Series films? They blew it.
                          It causes a special kind of yearning. You can't tell me the two of them didn't do ridiculous things to each other, have break down arguments that neither Highlander were willing to yield to the other on only to come back and be friends, and help each other through all kinds of troubles, going their separate ways and re-meeting time and time again. Where are our stories?
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Duncan and Connor still.jpg Views:	1 Size:	114.2 KB ID:	2398

I've read Christopher Lambert didn't want to do TV. Not much to say about that except that that's two disappointments from him for me in the 90s. My introduction to Lambert was as Rayden in Mortal Kombat and I was always bothered that some other guy played Rayden in Annihilation. When I finally watched Highlander, I kept thinking "why does this guy seem so familiar?" Ding ding ding, that voice, those eyes, same guy.

Plot-wise, I've watched Christopher Lambert talk about not wanting Connor to drop in often and interfere with Duncan's life. Ok, that makes sense. Adrian is lovely at showing what high esteem Duncan has for Connor. But once the show had established itself as successful and Duncan Macleod as a force in his own right, what harm would three more times over the course of the whole series have done? None, we would have just loved the two of them more.

I have this ambivalence about Endgame. I like it in spite of the problems. It's the two of them together yay! And nooo, how in the world would this have been allowed to pass? Makes no sense. I already wrote how I edited stuff out mentally in the Endgame thread.

This pose should have been held longer for us all to admire instead of having to press the pause button. We should have had the pose, then a bit longer of them looking at each other with all that they had been to each other swirling about in their eyes, gone back to the pose, a breath/beat and then the fight starts again. They went too quickly.

But gods, this shot is everything! Click image for larger version  Name:	Duncan and Connor still fight.png Views:	1 Size:	216.0 KB ID:	2399

Originally posted by Aleander View Post
                          To this day, I don't understand why Liam O'Roorke didn't mention her in the finale. Its highly unlikely they wouldn't have known of one another, as they worked in the same Irish organization.
                          I hadn't made the connection until you mentioned it. That is curious. The only excuse I could imagine was the length of time he was jail (a lifetime sentence right; though you have to wonder how people didn't notice his lack of aging) and then perhaps going underground for a number of years after Tara died and he left jail. It was a little over 50 years. If they did know each other, I don't know when they would have had the opportunity to reconnect.
                          Last edited by RainbowRaven; 06-08-2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I think almost everyone would have wanted to see more of Methos. I know the writers did! I read or heard somewhere that they kept coming up with story ideas for Methos, but the budget didn't permit signing Peter for more episodes.

Comment

Rebecca. Why did she have the Methuselah Stone? Why did she break it up and hand the pieces off? In theory, the Stone is what made her powerful. Perhaps it can only be used once per person. And maybe then, only once... a millennium, or something like that. May Ling. If we're going to wander off into stories about the OTHER non-Mac Immortals... they sold Kage turning good to me VERY well. Backstory on the other Methos would have been nice. Did he truly believe he was Methos, or did he get sold on the idea of pretending? Why did Methos know about the Holy Hot Spring, as I like to call it? Or was that all a lie and a catharsis but the water GLOWED! Or was that only in Duncan's mind? I'd like to find out that the Ahriman bit was actually a product of an insane Immortal's mental powers, and that person takes about 1,000 years to recover between attacks. Some people want to find out that Methos is evil, and has pretty much always been evil, taking a wee vacation from it while in love with the incredible Alexa. I'd like to point out that this does not fall under "nuanced".

I don't think you should have characters that make you wonder HOW THE HECK did they LIVE this long? (as Methos once asked Duncan, hahah) Why is Grace alive? Answer: She apparently never was happened upon by a determined head-hunter? grr grr That really made me angry.

Comment

Grace probably always worked on or near holy ground because most hospitals started from temples & churches. Also she was a teacher to Kristin Gilles so I doubt she was bad with a sword. She might have pretended to be vulnerable, and taken some heads although it seems against her nature and healing practises.
                                May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

I'd like to see more from Carl the Hermit because I want to know if he beheaded Bigfoot :P
                                  May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

I would of liked to have seen more of
                                    Grace, I found her to be fascinating plus her and Darius relationship, was both sad and sweet.
                                    Conner of course
                                    Cerridwyn
                                    Alex
                                    and I would have liked too have seen a female immortal that was connected to Conner but not Duncan.
                                    plus one of the things that always bugged me about the series was that there were no Holy/mystical woman save for Cassandra. It would have been nice too see one who didn't want to sleep with Duncan.

Comment

I'd say Grace, but she implied that she would go for him, too. Darius may have been holy, but he wasn't mystical. So, wasn't Coltec the only mystical one?

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
                                        I'd say Grace, but she implied that she would go for him, too. Darius may have been holy, but he wasn't mystical. So, wasn't Coltec the only mystical one?
                                        True Darius was holy but not a mystic. Maybe Cassandra, but by the gods she is a bad example.
                                        Or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                                          dubiousbystander commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          I don't think she's a bad example. I know some people who say "Hey, Roland was her student, so she's clearly bad!" However, Luther was Rebecca's student. Kristin, at least according to the Watchers, was Grace's student. While some say that is a clear sign that Grace can fight, I saw her episode. The show-runners at the time did not believe that delicate feminine flowers equaled capable of self-defense. Only crazies or just evil ones.

Originally posted by Lady_CJ View Post
                                        I loved the chemistry between Katherine and Nick. I have always wished there had been more with them. Even a spin-off.
                                        I still do think that was actually the best potential spinoff, the episode itself wasn't perhaps the best ever but you could I think see potential for Claudia Christian working very well in that kind of role and having some chemisty with O'Shea. I tend to think that a spinoff really needed someone who could draw in newer fans and Christian was certainly popular at that point and again I think very well suited for that kind of serious but larger than life character. I'd say perhaps helps as well that at 5 foot 10 and well built it would have been easy to show her fighting male immortals without having to play up her being at a physical disadvantage.

Comment

The problem with the season six ladies is that the producers took too long to decide. By the time the episodes had aired most of the ladies were starting in their own television series of films. Justina Vail was shooting Seven Days. Alice Evans was in several films. Sandra Hess was the lead in Pensacola. Alex was appearing in guest roles in multiple television shows. Peter Wingfield was in Cold Squad and Jim Byrnes was shooting The Jim Byrnes Show. Claudia was still under contract to the Babylon 5 prequel films. She missed attending the Anaheim Convention where she was scheduled to attend because she was working that weekend. I got that information from Tracy Scoggins while at the con. I would have liked to have learned more about many of the one time immortals we did get to see. It makes sense that Kyra would have known Rebecca and Amanda since they all worked as Queen's Guards during the same time frame. And the flashback we got with Regan shows her to be The Countess that Duncan and Amanda have argued about. I would have loved to see more of their past encounters.

Comment

Working...
                                          X