Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Favourite Overlooked Bit from the Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colleengael
    commented on 's reply
    I always wanted to see the fairy tale turned into a children's book.

• Colleengael
    replied
    Sean and Brigit and their friends walked away from a fight with Father Liam and Amanda. The same when John Ray Fielding didn't take Amanda's head. Sometimes you have to forgive and move on with your life.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Walter! Some people put life above being jerks.

Leave a comment:

• TheWolfEmperor
    replied
    How about the one time an immortal walked away with his head because he did the smart thing and agreed not to keep going after Claudia. There were so many Immortals I grew attached to and I was actually sad to see them die. I was glad at least one saw some sense and that it didn't seem to injure his friendship with Macleod.

Leave a comment:

• TheWolfEmperor
    commented on 's reply
    Was it really implied or was Duncan just trying to make an excuse for Felicia's story? Remember at that point she was just another potential student he needed to protect and educate. He didn't even suspect she was lying to him until she pointed out the forgery that she made. He was probably on track to fall for whatever line of BS she used on Devereux to make him think his wife and child were safe. And it seemed to me like he was falling for her con.

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    For me, there was also the amusement of the eyes looking out of the mask in Shadows.

Leave a comment:

• TheWolfEmperor
    commented on 's reply
    I don't know if you saw any of The Raven, but they made an attempt to bring in a reporter who was very similar in style to Randi named Chase McFee (sp).

• Wilusa
    commented on 's reply
    I've heard other fans praise that "fairy tale" in "Bad Day in Building A." For some reason, I'd always disliked it. Really, seen it as the worst thing in a very bad episode! Can't explain why.

• SouthernChickie
    commented on 's reply
    Love the pre-immortal theory! I never much liked Randi, but now I'm intrigued!

• golddragon71
    replied
    I was watching Little Tin God today and I love the scene when Joe tells Mac about his old watcher Rodney McFergus....
    I can't help but imagine the two of them having all these conversations about the various Watchers Mac has encountered through the centuries without realizing who/what they were.

Leave a comment:

• Lady_CJ
    commented on 's reply
    lol.....having watched the series over 200 times (yes....I said it....lol) you tend to catch little things like that.

• Andrew NDB
    replied
    I'd never caught that, but it makes sense. A pull towards a "violent" (self) end if one already hasn't already happened while they're still in their prime... I like it.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    commented on 's reply
    That's what I call strongly implied.

• Lady_CJ
    commented on 's reply
    Not just implied. Duncan mentioned that as a possibility to why Felicia jumped off of the building during his initial conversation with her.

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I feel that, because Freefall is such a loved episode, the pretty strongly implied as fact that pre-immortals eventually feel compelled to commit suicide gets overlooked.

Leave a comment:

• Lady_CJ
    replied
    There were definitely unanswered questions surrounding her. She was a cool character. (And definitely crushing on Mac....lol)

Leave a comment:

• Colleengael
    replied
    I always liked the way Randi MacFarland thought Duncan was an undercover federal agent. When he replied that he and his friends were just a bunch of history buffs it made me wonder if she ever tried to dig deeper into Duncan or Grayson's backgrounds. Did Grayson send someone after her or did the Watchers recruit her? Was Duncan allowing her to be around so much because she was a pre-immortal just like Richie and Claudia? I really liked her character and wished they had brought her back in a future season.

Leave a comment:

• Lady_CJ
    replied
    I loved the dialog between Amanda and Mac while they were watching Joe play and sing. Mac's comment, "he knows me better than I know myself and I know hardly anything about him," was thought provoking.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew NDB
    replied
    I always come back to Duncan's fairy tale to the little girl in "Bad Day in Building A" (I think that's the one?). Whether consciously or not, it seemed like he laid out the whole Immortal mythology right there.

I also wanted to see in a later season Kiem Sun come back, making good on his plan to make an army of super soldiers with the serum he was developing in season 1.

Leave a comment:

• David McMurdo
    started a topic Your Favourite Overlooked Bit from the Series?

Your Favourite Overlooked Bit from the Series?

Any of you got a bit from the series that you really love but that no-one else ever seems to even mention? I've got a fair few.

For example, in "Not To Be" I really love the scene where Joe arrives home to find Richie there threatening to shoot him. I think it has some great dialogue, including one of my favourite lines of the entire Highlander franchise. It's when Joe says, "you can live forever... or you can kill forever. It's up to you." I always found that to be really powerful. I just wish it had been spoken in Highlander reality and not some "what if " scenario.
Working...
X