Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do all the Highlander movies and tv shows fit together in your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnybear View Post
    Maybe the Zeist scenes were the after life and Connor's winning the prize gave him access to that reality on and off?
    JB
    Sure! That's kind of neat!

Leave a comment:

• johnnybear
    replied
    Maybe the Zeist scenes were the after life and Connor's winning the prize gave him access to that reality on and off?
    JB

Leave a comment:

• Gardner
    replied
    You preach in the desert, Ward. If I hicjacked Highlander, then all fanfic writers are hijackers. I didn't use any of Donna Lettow's datas and text files.
    The characters she wrote on aren't even hers : they belong to Davis Prods. Ha!
    In that same fashion, the texts I wrote on characters from Highlander The Raven and the novels are mine, not the characters though.
    Last edited by Gardner; 07-26-2020, 12:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Originally posted by Gardner View Post
    "What matters is that you claim that your adjustments to existing characters are better than the original works and thus belong to you.

All fan work belong to their respective authors. And I never pretended my fan work is better than tv writers work. Soleley that adjustements are sometimes useful in a somewhat messed up continuity, which allows for creativity in fan works. The chronicle of Iman Fasil I wrote belongs to me. The chronicle of Marcus Constantine on Watcher CD belongs to Donna Lettow. Both characters belong to Davis Prod. Both stories are valid. Simple as that. The difference being Dinna Lettow got a check in the mail. I didn't. And yes : when it comes to historical research, I equal Donna Lettow's work. Unless Donna Lettow herself says different.

"You don't 'stick' with anything, you alter what you don't like, (which many fans do, to an extend) but you're the only one so far to claim their work is better AND claim that therefore the characters belong to you."

Well no : scroll up detailed answer. True, I alter what I don't like, my work feels sometimes better than, say, Endgame or the Source, the canonical characters do not belong to me, the stories I write aroudn them do.

What I would like to know, now, is how people feel about what I write and what you write exactly. Let other fans decide who is in the right becasue Ward, face it, you are all alone here depreciating me : no one care about a troll under his bridge.
    So stop pestering me.
    And another post with empty claims and attempts to justify your behavior.
    You do not equal Donna Lettow's work at all. And no, I don't mean that you surpassed it. You're hijacking it.
    And you're trying to find excuses. Donna Lettow most likely isn't a member here and therefore can't 'say different', it's a moot point.

And where do I scroll to for a detailed answer? Or do you mean the other thread where you removed most of your responses?
    Fortunately your words were quoted, otherwise you might try and twist previous posts. But I'm guessing you're still trying to do that.
    I'd wager you're trying to contact the moderators or maybe even the admin to get my post removed from view.

On the other hand, you might just be childish and try to get the last word in.

Leave a comment:

• Gardner
    replied
    "What matters is that you claim that your adjustments to existing characters are better than the original works and thus belong to you.

All fan work belong to their respective authors. And I never pretended my fan work is better than tv writers work. Soleley that adjustements are sometimes useful in a somewhat messed up continuity, which allows for creativity in fan works. The chronicle of Iman Fasil I wrote belongs to me. The chronicle of Marcus Constantine on Watcher CD belongs to Donna Lettow. Both characters belong to Davis Prod. Both stories are valid. Simple as that. The difference being Dinna Lettow got a check in the mail. I didn't. And yes : when it comes to historical research, I equal Donna Lettow's work. Unless Donna Lettow herself says different.

"You don't 'stick' with anything, you alter what you don't like, (which many fans do, to an extend) but you're the only one so far to claim their work is better AND claim that therefore the characters belong to you."

Well no : scroll up detailed answer. True, I alter what I don't like, my work feels sometimes better than, say, Endgame or the Source, the canonical characters do not belong to me, the stories I write aroudn them do.

What I would like to know, now, is how people feel about what I write and what you write exactly. Let other fans decide who is in the right becasue Ward, face it, you are all alone here depreciating me : no one care about a troll under his bridge.
    So stop pestering me.
    Last edited by Gardner; 07-25-2020, 07:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Originally posted by Gardner View Post
    What we need is a Crisis on Infinte Highlander reboot, as they did with the DC Universe in 1985. Or the streamlining work Disney did with Star Wars, the canon is the 6 movies and the War of the CXlones cartoon, the expanded universe never happened.

To me only the first Highlander and the original series matter. Maybe the Raven too.

Nicolas Ward quoted me as saying :
    "I care very little about the canonical universe to be frank, way too inconsistent and with dumb movies to boot. We rebooted the entire franchise with Apollo1, at least in the chronicles we wrote for the canonical characters : Duncan doesn't kill so many Immortals, the movies timelines are negated, so is the Raven. Important parts of the series are still there however... but different."

Very true. The Homemade Watcher Chronicles have outgrown the original Highlander verse which I love very much. I still did some adjustements over the year but what matters is how I feel about Highlander. Ward never understood my points.

I stick with Highlander I, Season 1-5 (exept Ahriman), the Watcher Chronicles CD, I ignore Highglander III, Endgame and most of the Raven.
    Everyone is entitled to his own vision of the Highlanderverse. Ward is sadly mistaken when he points that I hijack Highlander.

Trying another thread to find support ?

What matters is that you claim that your adjustments to existing characters are better than the original works and thus belong to you.
    You don't 'stick' with anything, you alter what you don't like, (which many fans do, to an extend) but you're the only one so far to claim their work is better AND claim that therefore the characters belong to you.

Leave a comment:

• Gardner
    replied
    What we need is a Crisis on Infinte Highlander reboot, as they did with the DC Universe in 1985. Or the streamlining work Disney did with Star Wars, the canon is the 6 movies and the War of the CXlones cartoon, the expanded universe never happened.

To me only the first Highlander and the original series matter. Maybe the Raven too.

Nicolas Ward quoted me as saying :
    "I care very little about the canonical universe to be frank, way too inconsistent and with dumb movies to boot. We rebooted the entire franchise with Apollo1, at least in the chronicles we wrote for the canonical characters : Duncan doesn't kill so many Immortals, the movies timelines are negated, so is the Raven. Important parts of the series are still there however... but different."

Very true. The Homemade Watcher Chronicles have outgrown the original Highlander verse which I love very much. I still did some adjustements over the year but what matters is how I feel about Highlander. Ward never understood my points.

I stick with Highlander I, Season 1-5 (exept Ahriman), the Watcher Chronicles CD, I ignore Highglander III, Endgame and most of the Raven.
    Everyone is entitled to his own vision of the Highlanderverse. Ward is sadly mistaken when he points that I hijack Highlander.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Originally posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    On the old forum someone did this, but had a list that included comics, novels, etc. and had them divided up into individual "timelines". Does anyone remember the list?
    I don't, but there is a website. Not the same, I think. https://macleodtimeline.weebly.com/index.html

Leave a comment:

• johnnybear
    replied
    Very carefully and with a bit of glue!
    JB

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    commented on 's reply
    Oh...I didn't notice he was banned til now...

• MichaelHenry
    replied
    On the old forum someone did this, but had a list that included comics, novels, etc. and had them divided up into individual "timelines". Does anyone remember the list?

Leave a comment:

• Andrew NDB
    replied
    Originally posted by TheWolfEmperor View Post

Doesn't really matter what I think.
    It kind of does. The odds are that there will never be a live action continuation/conclusion of the existing Highlander universe... so it's really up to you, what you think. Do you prefer to imagine Endgame as the end of everything? Make The Source not canon? You can. There probably won't be any new Highlander movies with Adrian Paul coming out to tell you different, you know?

Leave a comment:

• TheWolfEmperor
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

It's kind of one of those things, though... do you want there to be some kind of ending story for Duncan... or NO ending story at all?
    Doesn't really matter what I think.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew NDB
    replied
    Originally posted by TheWolfEmperor View Post
    I consider the Source to be an hallucination brought on by the time he swallowed the whole bottle of sleeping pills Doctor Anne gave him.
    It's kind of one of those things, though... do you want there to be some kind of ending story for Duncan... or NO ending story at all?

Leave a comment:

• TheWolfEmperor
    replied
    I consider the Source to be an hallucination brought on by the time he swallowed the whole bottle of sleeping pills Doctor Anne gave him.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew NDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Tootsie Bee View Post
    The two animated properties are essentially incompatible with the TV timeline because The Source (set in the near future) reveals that there is no Prize in this universe, which means that immortals probably aren't going to be battling for it in the distant future.
    Well, it doesn't preclude there being a Prize. "The Source" and "the prophecised one" or whatever could very well be a side thing, only peripherally connected to the Immortals and the Game.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Very true! I used to blame the black background, but since we are grey now..

I read the above post wrong, I thought he wrote 'community', hence my lack of continuity....
    Last edited by ~mj~; 07-29-2019, 02:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Odd things happen when meddling with the Highlander continuity.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post

I'm not 100% on the details, but apparently he feared that someone he knew was going to start stalking him because he'd made an account. So he decided to remove his account and all of his comments from here. Except he couldn't delete his account, so he started editing most of his posts except those he missed, demanding that someone delete them. Eventually the PTB banned him.
    Odd...very odd..

Leave a comment:

• Tootsie Bee
    replied
    The TV series retcons the first movie's story so that the events of 1985 were merely the beginning of the Gathering. The fourth and fifth movies occur after the series finale. The second and third movies both exist outside of the TV show's timeline by design*, but the third film's antagonist did appear in a comic book set in the TV series universe. The two animated properties are essentially incompatible with the TV timeline because The Source (set in the near future) reveals that there is no Prize in this universe, which means that immortals probably aren't going to be battling for it in the distant future.

*The TV show had to ignore Highlander II because that film was set in the future and implied that no immortals had appeared on Earth from 1985 to 2024. Its poor reception didn't help matters, of course. Meanwhile, the third Highlander film's premise was conceived around the time of its predecessor's U.S. release, and even when Davis-Panzer decided to pursue a TV series, they kept the new movie as a separate project, likely in an effort to hedge their bets in case the TV show flopped.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Originally posted by ~mj~ View Post
    What eruption?
    I'm not 100% on the details, but apparently he feared that someone he knew was going to start stalking him because he'd made an account. So he decided to remove his account and all of his comments from here. Except he couldn't delete his account, so he started editing most of his posts except those he missed, demanding that someone delete them. Eventually the PTB banned him.

Leave a comment:

• n107
    replied
    Yeah, what eruption? I looked at the name and I think it's the odd guy who PM'd me for a bit sometime back. I could check, but I limit myself to only clicking 37 links per day on the Internet and I'm already in the mid 20s.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    What eruption?

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I was about to shriek an irritated "They DON'T and PLEASE GRASP THAT!" Then I saw the original poster and remembered the peculiar eruption he went through.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    I watch the series and stick my fingers in my ears and hum real loud if G plays a movie...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X