Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highlander II would be greatly improved if Ramírez was edited out of it entirely.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlander II would be greatly improved if Ramírez was edited out of it entirely.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Highlander II judges.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	12518

Yes, the character of Juan Sánchez-Villalobos Ramírez had no added value
    50.00%
    No, he brought the comedic relief this sci-fi movie required to be bearable
    50.00%
    May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

No, no, Ramirez is the single best thing about Highlander II. Without him, I honestly can't imagine I'd ever rewatch it.

Comment

I agree, sadly. The ridiculously resurrected Ramirez's resurrection majorly pulled us out of believability and plunged us into crazy town. And his whole purpose in the movie was only one thing: to sacrifice himself to stop a... fan blade? Like, that was it. Nothing else. You remove that fan blade room, he had no purpose in the movie.

Now, could they have rewritten H2 to better utilize Ramirez? Preferably only in flashback (other times he spent with Connor in Scotland, not seen in the flashbacks in H1)? Could have been way better.
      Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

I actually liked Ramirez in the movie. In my opinion the story itself was what pulled us out of believably. That whole script could have been written way entirely better then what it was mates. lol

Comment

Originally posted by KOOLLAYDTAC View Post
          I actually liked Ramirez in the movie. In my opinion the story itself was what pulled us out of believably. That whole script could have been written way entirely better then what it was mates. lol
          The movie is such an exercise in "could have been if only"! There were some beautiful scenes, and some ideas I've read about that were left unmentioned, that really would have helped.

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post

The movie is such an exercise in "could have been if only"! There were some beautiful scenes, and some ideas I've read about that were left unmentioned, that really would have helped.
            True I agree and in fairness doing a sequel was a challenge in itself to begin with anyway considering technically Connor won the game in the original movie. lol It would have been actually interesting to see how the movie series would have turned out if they had actually stuck with the story line they released from this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by KOOLLAYDTAC View Post

True I agree and in fairness doing a sequel was a challenge in itself to begin with anyway considering technically Connor won the game in the original movie. lol It would have been actually interesting to see how the movie series would have turned out if they had actually stuck with the story line they released from this movie.
              Grant Kempster and friends recently started video series on The Source. Apparently some of the original scripts were terrifying better than what was finally made.

Comment

Tracking time warps and visiting the past were things that have no business in Highlander and why they changed immortals into aliens has long been a thorn in my mental side? I mean why did they do it? The time warp stuff is by people who have never seen the films or those that didn't understand it but who wrote the Zeist rubbish?
                JB

Comment

No to both, johnny. Apparently the aliens idea was floated in one of the early scripts for the original movie, but was left behind. And before you say "Thank goodness", the movie was a box office flop anyway, so with all the rest about it, I'm sure the same thing would have happened. People would eventually have become addicted to the wonder of it. Time warp stuff by people who've never seen the films? At that point, there was only one film, and it was about a small number of immortals, for no particular reason the Kurgan knew about Connor. We all choose what we'll suspend disbelief about, but quite frankly to me, suspending disbelief about men who live until you cut their heads off, don't age, breathe underwater, just stagger when drunk off their arses and they keep getting mortally wounded, oh and then end it all with now being able to hear the thoughts of everyone on Earth, sire children and grow old and die is not harder to believe than adding in, and they are alien exiles.

Comment

Working...
                  X