Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would have been a better Highlander animated series?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the things that left me unsatisfied was that they almost never actually played with Quentin's immortality aspect. I guess it might have been because of the tone, and considering how at the time the Highlander franchise was deemed as dark and violent by some, maybe they did not want to alienate the demographic. I thought the "jettators" twist was a nice approach to circumvent the violence of quickenings, but also agree that they never actually showed much progress in Quentin's path and lessened their importance. The show often wandered too much into meaningless plots, maybe if they had made it a mini-series, with a contained narrative and more focused final objective it would have been better loved.

My chief complain would be that the art style was wonky and action scenes looked too elastic, almost weightless, specially compared to some animation of its time. Other things that bothered me were the obvious nods and attempts at comedy relief aimed to a much younger audience, like his adopted little sister Clyde and the franlky ugly dog-ape/bug pet (can't recall the name), how forced the inclusion of Ramirez as a mentor was, and Quentin having to be a MacLeod felt. I actually liked the meteor/cataclysm angle they used - it's been quite a while since I saw the animated series, but was it implied that it was consequence of two immortals breaking the rule and fighting on holy ground?

Comment

Originally posted by Lokuzt View Post
      I actually liked the meteor/cataclysm angle they used - it's been quite a while since I saw the animated series, but was it implied that it was consequence of two immortals breaking the rule and fighting on holy ground?
      Certainly not. Just a freak occurrence.
      Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Working...
      X