Editing the series into movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing the series into movies

So I recently got back into the Highlander TV series and I've been thinking about ways that the series could be edited to be better. As for the first episode, here's my ideas:

Use a text prelude where it's established that there are different generations of Highlanders. Connor was the last of his generation and did win the prize, and that Duncan is part of the next generation. Apart from not invalidating the first movie to the point of making me mad, it also means that Connor is now mortal. The only tricky part in editing is that it's going to be hard to believe that he surives being shot in the chest. If it could be re-edited so that he gets shot in the shoulder instead, it becomes much more beleiveable.

It's also pretty obvious that multiple scenes in the pilot have been awkrawdly rearranged, so that's something that should be fixed.

Make Tessa look less obviously not knowing about immortals and stuff. Her and Duncan have been togther for a few years, she should know more.

Maybe add the flashback from Endgame where Duncan and Connor meet for the first time

Add title cards to establish where and when events happen in flashbacks

Try and add the flashbacks from Family Tree regarding Duncan's first death.

Try and have Connor mention Brenda at some point, maybe they have a child together (since he is mortal now and stuff).

Try and add a Joe cameo to foreshadow the future.

With AI voices and stuff, it should be really easy for characters to say new lines while still sounding convincing.

Anyone got any ideas for the first movie?
    Last edited by somecallmejames; 09-18-2023, 11:16 AM.

Sounds like a fun project. Years ago, I had an idea similar to your "generations" one where there were different branches of Immortals. Branch A had their Gathering in 1986 and Connor became the champion of that group. He mistakenly thought that he was the winner of the Prize but later after encountering more Immortals he would realize that he only received one portion of it. That's why he still only had an adopted son in H3, since he still wasn't able to conceive children. Everything he thought he had gained by defeating the Kuragan was merely a glimpse of what the Prize truly held, but it was still out of his grasp.

If you intend to carry this beyond the series and include Endgame, you might want to go a similar route as a fully mortal Connor would not make sense for that story. But whatever direction you take, I wish you luck in your endeavor! It could be very exciting to give the series a new presentation.

Comment

Originally posted by n107 View Post
      Sounds like a fun project. Years ago, I had an idea similar to your "generations" one where there were different branches of Immortals. Branch A had their Gathering in 1986 and Connor became the champion of that group. He mistakenly thought that he was the winner of the Prize but later after encountering more Immortals he would realize that he only received one portion of it. That's why he still only had an adopted son in H3, since he still wasn't able to conceive children. Everything he thought he had gained by defeating the Kuragan was merely a glimpse of what the Prize truly held, but it was still out of his grasp.

If you intend to carry this beyond the series and include Endgame, you might want to go a similar route as a fully mortal Connor would not make sense for that story. But whatever direction you take, I wish you luck in your endeavor! It could be very exciting to give the series a new presentation.
      I'm not intending to go into Endgame and the Source, those movies are beyond terrible. The season 5 finale and a lot of season 6 is just terrible.

Comment

Can't argue those points for sure.

Comment

Might do a thing with a culling of the unstable immortals - they must be a difficult bunch to have in your fraternity - and there are a lot of them, with diagnoses that run the gamut from multiple personality disorder to socio and psychopaths, all of whom really need to go if you want 'the one' to be at all viable. Do please leave out everything about the ridiculous Ahriman though.

Comment

Working...
          X