Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update from director Chad Stahelski -- will use elements from TV show

https://screenrant.com/highlander-re...had-stahelski/

I'm assuming this primarily means things like the Watchers, maybe the character of Methos.
    Highlander: Dark Places

The article gives a bit of encouragement. Stahelski said that one reason the development process is taking so long is that he is very particular about getting the details right. Well, has he considered consulting with previous Highlander movie and TV writers and directors? I don't know if the current strike situation would allow for that, but, I presume, there is still a wealth of previous experience out there.

Comment

• Darth Reaper
      Darth Reaper commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe he has consulted other people on this. That doesn't change the fact that he wants things to be just so. Other people can give him information and suggestions, but only he can decide exactly how he's going to utilize them.

Originally posted by Cyrus The Great View Post
    The article gives a bit of encouragement. Stahelski said that one reason the development process is taking so long is that he is very particular about getting the details right. Well, has he considered consulting with previous Highlander movie and TV writers and directors? I don't know if the current strike situation would allow for that, but, I presume, there is still a wealth of previous experience out there.
    Probably a lot of that is going on. And certainly, strike or not, there isn't any harm in TALKING about potential this or that. Though it's a little bit disappointing to hear we're still at the script level, basically, after all of this time.

Comment

• Darth Reaper
      Darth Reaper commented
      Editing a comment
      It seems like these unions can be rather 'unpredictable' regarding what they'll allow and what they won't allow. Sometimes they're lenient, sometimes they're very strict. Sometimes it depends on who you are and who you know.

It doesn't really bother me too much that he's particular about getting the details right. It at least suggests that he cares about what he's doing. And, I can see why he wants to use elements of The Series in his story, since it did expand the mythology of Highlander quite a bit.

I'm Sure the strikes are throwing a monkey wrench into a bunch of things.

Comment

At this point I believe Chad Stahelski is giving everything he has in the tank to make this happen but with the strike and Lionsgate having cold feet I doubt Henry Cavill will stick around

Comment

If it takes much longer than this they probably can't even use him. It's hard to pull of an Immortal 18 year-old if you're pushing 50.

Comment

• Darth Reaper
          Darth Reaper commented
          Editing a comment
          Heh, for all we know, by the time this thing actually gets somewhere they’ll have also figured out the secrets of rejuvenation and eternal youth; which actually means that Christopher Lambert could play Connor again now that I think about it.

I'm not sure if looking too much some of those who made the old series is a great idea. There were some stinkers. And The Source.

Comment

• Darth Reaper
          Darth Reaper commented
          Editing a comment
          Eh, I think the positives outweigh the negatives. Besides, you can’t fit all of it into one movie.
      Working...
      X