Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Henry Cavill's Highlander Will Honor Original Franchise

Article link:
    How Henry Cavill's Highlander Will Honor Original Franchise Passionately Explained By Reboot Director (screenrant.com)

Chad Stahelski talking about his love for the TV show, and learning from what worked and what didn't about the films.
    Highlander: Dark Places

Stahelski speaks about "worldbuilding" regarding his ideas for the Highlander movie. I am encouraged to read that. I am expecting much more than a lot of action and head taking. I would love to see a lot of attention to character backstories in the form of dialog and flashbacks. Also, I would like to see a lot of real historical details (people and places) woven into the story. Anyway, so far, so good.

Comment

I dunno, "John Wick with swords" sound pretty dreadful to me, but my pessimism is hard learned.

Comment

The most exciting thing is Stahelski's specific love of the TV series.

Comment

I don't expect mutch about the movie ... I don't think Cavill is a good choice for the role.
          I hope also the movie will not be a "john wick with swords" like I'd saw above.
          La Peur Tue l'Esprit ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kladdagh View Post
            I don't expect mutch about the movie ... I don't think Cavill is a good choice for the role.
            I hope also the movie will not be a "john wick with swords" like I'd saw above.
            Technically, it has yet to be announced what role Cavill is playing in the movie. Everyone is just assuming Connor.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Technically, it has yet to be announced what role Cavill is playing in the movie. Everyone is just assuming Connor.
              Yes! He could be Dougal! Or Angus!

Comment

Sure, they could make a Highlander film based purely on action with loads of sword fights, decapitations and Quickening's but for me I would create a 'slow burner' by which I mean focus on the hardship's of immortality - the love found and the love lost, the friends you make, the friends you lose. Alliances formed, alliances broken.

Basically, I want a film that focuses on the existentialism of immortality. A film which has the audience questioning whether immortality in the Highlander sense is a 'good thing'. I'd like to see a Highlander film that is so divisive even the main antagonist has sympathy from the audience (due to the burden of immortality).

Comment

Working...
                X