The Lord of The Rings/Legend-What If?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lord of The Rings/Legend-What If?

Here's a little 'what if' question for y'all to play with. What if The Lord of Darkness, from Ridley Scott's movie Legend, got his hands on Sauron's ring of power, and its powers worked for him the same way that they work for anyone else who wields it? What do you think would happen? It's been suggested that a being whose level of power was similar to Sauron's, such as Gandalf or Saruman, might be able to bend the ring to their will and usurp Sauron as its master. Do you think The Lord of Darkness could do this? If so, what do you think that would do for him? I think it's been said that the ring enhances the natural abilities of its bearer. Could this give Darkness the strength he needs to banish light from his world and reclaim it for himself?

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Darth Reaper View Post
    Here's a little 'what if' question for y'all to play with. What if The Lord of Darkness, from Ridley Scott's movie Legend, got his hands on Sauron's ring of power, and its powers worked for him the same way that they work for anyone else who wields it? What do you think would happen? It's been suggested that a being whose level of power was similar to Sauron's, such as Gandalf or Saruman, might be able to bend the ring to their will and usurp Sauron as its master. Do you think The Lord of Darkness could do this? If so, what do you think that would do for him? I think it's been said that the ring enhances the natural abilities of its bearer. Could this give Darkness the strength he needs to banish light from his world and reclaim it for himself?

What do you guys think?
    That's an interesting question and I'm going to have to rewatch Legend after so many years to give it some serious thought.

Comment

• Darth Reaper
      Darth Reaper commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha ha, I’ve already accomplished something.
Working...
X