X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek: Picard

New trailer:

Highlander: Dark Places

It says "Video unavailable". Is that because I'm in Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
      It says "Video unavailable". Is that because I'm in Japan?
      Yeah, it is region locked. For no reason at all.

Comment

Looks interesting. Haven't said that about a Star Trek effort in a while. I'm impressed that a network has given a series to a guy pushing 80. Yea, Sir Patrick.

Comment

• Andrew NDB
          Andrew NDB commented
          Editing a comment
          Right? Incredible.

Did anyone check out the first episode? Also...

SPOILER... from the comics that just came out, it looks like confirmed that the Romulans chasing Dhaj are 100% the Tal Shiar. Also, it seems they may be behind the attack on Mars.

Comment

I recently watched Season 1. I enjoyed the show very much. Patrick looks good and his acting skills are still very sharp. It was good to see some old Trek cast members drop into the story. Brent Spiner did well reprising Data and the newest member of the Soong family of mad scientists. Jeri Ryan was fun to watch (did she ditch the butt wiggle accentuating high heels?) as Seven and especially as the new Borg Queen.

Overall, I thought the writing was good. However, I thought it was a bit more than a stretch to recreate Data's quantum simulation from a single positronic neuron, not to mention all the new Soong type androids. Sorry, but I think that science fiction details should make at least some logical sense.

I am eager for Season 2! Sometime in 2022, I read.

Comment

Managed to get a look at episodes one and two - funny how all the Federation's old enemies have stuff blowing up in their systems, with the Klingons it was a planetoid, the Romulus a sun.

Comment

I honestly can't say enough bad things about the show, sadly. It had a decent first episode... and then... oh, my.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                I honestly can't say enough bad things about the show, sadly. It had a decent first episode... and then... oh, my.
                I have to agree with you.

And while Season 2 started off with a promising first episode or two, it quickly became worse and worse. How could the writing be this bad? How could they make something so simple turn out as sloppy as it did? I'm just baffled.

Comment

Should I hide spoilers? I suppose I should. I largely enjoyed the season. But here are some bits that bothered me.
                  SPOILERThe far-flung future is based on the present's horrific social ills winning. So I am supposed to believe the future Confederation has all humans no longer caring about the surface differences, caring only about whether or not you're a human of Earth? To top that off, THEY WON. THEY'RE RULING. THEY WON. Now, if only it were implied that they won because they're all Nietzscheans now. Gol' bleeping dangit.

Humans are special. I mean, yeah. They currently hunt down synthetics, and hunt down escaped Borg for their parts. Raffi's such a mess that her son despises her, but from what tiny bit we see of his relationship with his very pregnant wife, he's quite the, shall we say, traditionalist of the keep-'em barefoot and pregnant variety. The writers really ought to have showed her as being a person.

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
                    Should I hide spoilers? I suppose I should. I largely enjoyed the season. But here are some bits that bothered me.
                    SPOILERThe far-flung future is based on the present's horrific social ills winning. So I am supposed to believe the future Confederation has all humans no longer caring about the surface differences, caring only about whether or not you're a human of Earth? To top that off, THEY WON. THEY'RE RULING. THEY WON. Now, if only it were implied that they won because they're all Nietzscheans now. Gol' bleeping dangit.

Humans are special. I mean, yeah. They currently hunt down synthetics, and hunt down escaped Borg for their parts. Raffi's such a mess that her son despises her, but from what tiny bit we see of his relationship with his very pregnant wife, he's quite the, shall we say, traditionalist of the keep-'em barefoot and pregnant variety. The writers really ought to have showed her as being a person.
                    Great points, but I didn't even get that deep into the finer details of why it's a mess. The lack of a logical, consistent idea of the entire premise was far too distracting for me to enjoy it.

Comment

Yeah, season 2 was just season 1 all over again. In terms of, this time an actually really engaging, really promising first episode... then just a nosedive into horrible, juvenile writing, shooting, explosions and un-earned"family" talk and other nonsense. It's really sad to see. This doesn't have any resemblance to Star Trek or its characters whatsoever. People hopeful that season 3 will somehow turn things around are delusional.

Comment

Working...
                      X