Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back to the Boards!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Back to the Boards!

    Greetings! I just uploaded my Avatar, and it's great to have the board back! Like on the Highlander Facebook groups, I probably won't be very active on here until school lets out. I've got a LOT of artwork to grade, an art show to prepare for, inventory to do, and some required educator effectiveness paperwork hoops to jump through. You'll see me online more after June 9th. THEN, I'll start looking for the screenshots I saved of writing from the old board! I've got a long story Coolwater posted, and my own writing, and I'll see what else when I have time to comb through my back-up hard drives.

    Have a great day, all!

  • #2
    That's great! Welcome.
    Highlander: Dark Places

    Comment


    • #3
      Welcome. I think all of us are searching for things we saved from the old board. God luck with the search.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey AT!
        May The Winds Be With You, while I'm searchin' for my lost shaker of salt. Makin' for the Trades on the outside. Lookin' for the Southern Cross. (J.Buffett 77/74)
        "Yeah, It's all fun and games until somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi, Kat! Welcome back! Grades are done, but I've still got the rest of this week with the kiddos. Watch for me this weekend, though!

          Comment


          • #6
            Huh. Well I guess that weekend lasted... a couple of months.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ArtisticTrees View Post
              Huh. Well I guess that weekend lasted... a couple of months.
              That happens. When do you start school?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post

                That happens. When do you start school?
                I started school on August 16th, and the amount of work has been a bit overwhelming, which accounts for my absence from these boards. I'm at a year-round school now. I have 28-30 students in EVERY class... 14 classes this semester. I have 6 classes a day... we're on a 4 day rotation... I see some classes twice a week and some once a week. Not sure how I'm going to learn everyone's names...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ArtisticTrees View Post

                  I started school on August 16th, and the amount of work has been a bit overwhelming, which accounts for my absence from these boards. I'm at a year-round school now. I have 28-30 students in EVERY class... 14 classes this semester. I have 6 classes a day... we're on a 4 day rotation... I see some classes twice a week and some once a week. Not sure how I'm going to learn everyone's names...
                  Yikes! That's an enormous workload. How long is each class?

                  My first year teaching, many, many years ago, I had six classes a day, each one a little less than 40 minutes each. I had between 20 and 35 students in each class and knew all their names within two weeks. You've got more than that. Good luck!


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post

                    Yikes! That's an enormous workload. How long is each class?

                    My first year teaching, many, many years ago, I had six classes a day, each one a little less than 40 minutes each. I had between 20 and 35 students in each class and knew all their names within two weeks. You've got more than that. Good luck!

                    TGIF! Today was good, though. I'm at an independent charter school, so we have longer workdays than the other schools in the area. We start at 7:45 a.m. and finish at 4:15 p.m. We have all-hands-on-deck morning duty, 25-30 minutes. Then I have half hour of prep. Then I've got an hour and a half of classes, then 45 minutes of lunch/prep. Then an hour of class, followed by half hour of recess duty, then 10 minutes of prep, then 2 and a half hours of classes, then 15 minutes of prep, then 15 minutes of all-hands-on-deck dismissal duty. Then I usually stay 2 hours after school cleaning up after the kindergarteners, whom I end the day with.

                    But the students are starting to think I'm cool, so that's awesome.

                    Comment


                    • mathpiglet
                      mathpiglet commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is a very busy day.
                  Working...
                  X