Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Quickening is based on differences between immortals not general power

Highlander mysteries: The Quickening

The Quickening is of an electrical nature. Therefore a powerful Quickening can only happen when the differences between the victorious and defeated immortal are large. We know that a Quickening carries power and knowledge, so based on that knowledge I state that Quickenings are relative to the combatants and not to overall power. A duel between 2 powerful immortals does not necessarily create a powerful Quickening (for example Connor vs Duncan). And when a powerful or knowledgeable immortal defeats one that is not, a Quickening might be barely noticeable (for example Duncan MacLeod vs Lucas Kagan)

May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Hm. I'm not sure what I think about that except that if you're right, by the time an Im approaches being The One, the quickening would be more like a frisson than an orgasm.

Comment

That could very well be the case if one immortal would dominate the Game. Kurgan didn´t get much of a Quickening from Ramirez either.
      But I wager that chances are, nearing the Endgame, most active immortals would have knowledge the others do not.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the size of each quickening was wholly dependent on the available budget of the production and how close each film was to its ultimate climax. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Takk View Post
          I'm pretty sure the size of each quickening was wholly dependent on the available budget of the production and how close each film was to its ultimate climax. ^_^
          You must be fun at parties

Comment

Hahahah And the whim of the director!

Comment

I seem to recall one of the Highlander novels mentioning something like this (I think it was the first one "The Element of Fire) where two immortals were killed in the same instant. One was not even truly activated I think and just gave off a spark while the other was considerably more experienced (more powerful?) and his quickening was much stronger as a result. (Maybe not a climatic bring down the house quickening but a middle of the episode before the commercial break light show.

Comment

I think that was scimitar... but not sure.

Question is was that because of power levels or because of the differences between the immortal?

Comment

Working...
                X